MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Got mine back from the detailer on Saturday, 90 mile drive home, so a wash was needed Sunday. Had Kamikaze Miyabi followed by Kamikaze ISM Pro as the coatings for the body and trims, glass and wheels treated also. Can't believe how easy it was to wash and dry !
Still only 500 miles on the clock.

34398188212_fc00f5e95c_h.jpg

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
Its took 2+ weeks for the lease co to get the paper work right and grab delivery slot, confirmed this morning that the car comes on Friday! :D

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Its took 2+ weeks for the lease co to get the paper work right and grab delivery slot, confirmed this morning that the car comes on Friday! :D
Dont forget to put some pictures here :D

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
So for the first time this morning I've realised my car has a radio, I've had the sound down listening to the engine! I've got the standard radio and got to admit its pretty damn good! Had a fiddle with the equaliser and got a bit of bass going, very nice indeed!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

FR184

Mar 27, 2014
So my Leon arrived today. Mystery blue 5 door with camera, app connect and winter pack.

First impressions is that the wheel hop is a lot worse that I expected and the clutch feels very light.

I have added blinds, a 100mm lightening cable and a vw torch.

My car does have pirelli tyres and rear blades.

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
So my Leon arrived today. Mystery blue 5 door with camera, app connect and winter pack.

First impressions is that the wheel hop is a lot worse that I expected and the clutch feels very light.

I have added blinds, a 100mm lightening cable and a vw torch.

My car does have pirelli tyres and rear blades.

Having had a little bit of a play in my 4drive, wheel hop is a thing of the past! My Vrs did this like crazy and that was only 230hp.

Darian

May 18, 2017
Bit late posting here. (New member)

Got my Cupra 290 ordered in July 2016 got it in November 2016. I felt these 4 months like no one.

Spec : Cupra 290 5 doors DSG, Alor Blue, Orange Performance Pack, Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Navi High (6.5), Dab, Seat Sound 160W, Trafic Sign Recognition, Parking Sensor front back, Reverse Camera, High Beam Assist, Lane Assist, etc basicaly i checked everthing on the sheet.

When i bought it the one of the directors from Seat Porsche Romania told me i am the only one in my country Romania owning a Cupra 290 in this spec.

I was in love with HOT Hatches since i was very young. My first option was the new Focus RS but after i got treated very very badly with the customer service from Ford (0% discount for Focus RS biggest joke ever) + I knew about the engine problems I went straight no regrets and got this one. I love this car and i 200% made the Best and i repeat Best decision.

Here is a picture with it:
07375fc7d93858ea64b653ff957530b0.jpg

Last edited:

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Bit late posting here. (New member)

Got my Cupra 290 ordered in July 2016 got it in November 2016. I felt these 4 months like no one.

Spec : Cupra 290 5 doors DSG, Alor Blue, Orange Performance Pack, Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Navi High (6.5), Dab, Seat Sound 160W, Trafic Sign Recognition, Parking Sensor front back, Reverse Camera, High Beam Assist, Lane Assist, etc basicaly i checked everthing on the sheet.

When i bought it the one of the directors from Seat Porsche Romania told me i am the only one in my country Romania owning a Cupra 290 in this spec.

I was in love with HOT Hatches since i was very young. My first option was the new Focus RS but after i got treated very very badly with the customer service from Ford (0% discount for Focus RS biggest joke ever) + I knew about the engine problems I went straight no regrets and got this one. I love this car and i 200% made the Best and i repeat Best decision.

Here is a picture with it:
07375fc7d93858ea64b653ff957530b0.jpg

Welcome to the forum Darian, it's a great place to spend time.

I think you will be one of the few owners ANYWHERE with this combination of colour and spec. Have to say I rather like the orange line with the Alor Blue - it's a great colour in sunny weather so hope you get more of it in Romania than we do here in the UK! [B)]

huw

Feb 13, 2017
SW London
I've nearly run mine in now, about 930 miles so far and then the fun can start!

But yesterday I experienced my first problem with it. I decided to go driving and thought a brand new CD would entertain me, but no such luck. CD inserted, after the third time of trying to get it to play the music started and lasted all of 36 seconds. The CD is stuck inside, unable to eject. A few times the display said 'ejecting CD' and after a few attempts it gave up completely. It's as if the system doesn't know that a CD player exists.

An hour or so later another problem - Full link stopped working, strangely on just one of the two USB sockets. The left hand one will not connect with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, but the right hand one will.

Very irritating.

spongeym

Feb 9, 2017
I initially had problems with android auto randomly connecting. Changed USB, one q that's good for data and its working seamlessly now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
Greetings all.
I've lurked here for a while but feel the urge to post as finally gotten a build week off the dealer.
Ordered Cupra Dsg 5d in Pirineos Grey with an option or two (alarm, acc).
Seems it will be build week 27 (July 3rd). No idea how long to delivery though.
Love all the photos here and I'll be sure to add mine as and when.

I have some Seat history. My first ever brand new car was a 1996 Ibiza Gti.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Greetings all.
I've lurked here for a while but feel the urge to post as finally gotten a build week off the dealer.
Ordered Cupra Dsg 5d in Pirineos Grey with an option or two (alarm, acc).
Seems it will be build week 27 (July 3rd). No idea how long to delivery though.
Love all the photos here and I'll be sure to add mine as and when.

I have some Seat history. My first ever brand new car was a 1996 Ibiza Gti.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
When did you made order? I mean date of ordering?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Got mine back from the detailer on Saturday, 90 mile drive home, so a wash was needed Sunday. Had Kamikaze Miyabi followed by Kamikaze ISM Pro as the coatings for the body and trims, glass and wheels treated also. Can't believe how easy it was to wash and dry !
Still only 500 miles on the clock.

34398188212_fc00f5e95c_h.jpg

The handiwork of a Mr Ed at Divine Detail I assume – he’s a wizard!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.