Lima Bean written off! :(

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Glad you're ok, but now I worry, my Ibiza doesn't have curtain airbags :help:

Did you remember make of the car that hit you? I guess they also had airbags deployed and walked away (without too serious injury).

Just make sure you double check before pulling out! :p

It was a mercedes van that hit me and the airbags didn't deploy for them. My car took the majority of the impact.

ali831

Apr 19, 2008
hampshire
I don't have gap insurance and *touch wood nothing happens to my cupra . How much would gap insurance be if you were to buy it ?

we paid approx. £110 back to the original purchase price. we didn't get it from the dealer as they wanted £300+ look online we used ALA.co.uk

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Lima Bean written off!

Yeah mine is ALA as well, certainly a worthwhile investment, on the grand scheme of things, what's £100-150 when you could potentially be a couple of grand down otherwise, better to be safe than sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WhenImAlone

Feb 23, 2017
I wish I could. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove he was speeding and I pulled out on him. The police officer who came even said that he would have been speeding as many people do but there is no way to prove it. Even though my car traveled about 20ft and smashed through a barrier which wouldn't happen after being hit at 20mph. In the last picture, that road where my car is facing is what I pulled out of. That goes to show how far my car traveled.

I should also clarify that we estimate he was doing 60 as it just changes from a national speed limit road to a 30 where that intersection is. Hence how we guessed his speed. Again, no way of proving it. :(

Without seeing the street, I've always thought that it's a strange decision to make to have a National Speed Limit down to a 30 anywhere near a junction. I know in some cases it may be unavoidable, but there is one near us where it goes from a 50 to a 30 with a junction maybe 20 yards from the 30 sign and the amount of near-misses is astounding.

Glad you're OK anyway, that's the important thing.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Without seeing the street, I've always thought that it's a strange decision to make to have a National Speed Limit down to a 30 anywhere near a junction. I know in some cases it may be unavoidable, but there is one near us where it goes from a 50 to a 30 with a junction maybe 20 yards from the 30 sign and the amount of near-misses is astounding.

I agree with this. It's bizarre.

I'd just plonk a speed camera directly after the 30 signs and make it really obvious there's a speed camera there with signage. That'll slow people down. And if it doesn't, enjoy your points.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014

It's mental. The police officer did say there were talks of reducing the speed to 40 but nothing came of it and apparently the intersection is well known for accidents. Everyone who walked past told me they have also had a close call at the same intersection.

Unfortunately, I'm a statistic used to fix the intersection.

JamoJ

May 16, 2017
Certainly a testament to the strength of the car. Hope you mend quickly and enjoy the replacement. Shame you didn't get another green one love that colour!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Glad to know you're alright mate. Never nice seeing or hearing of these things

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Just got the estimate for repair and it's going to cost £10,337 for the parts and labour. There are car rental costs on top of that. I'd be surprised if this isn't written off.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Just got the estimate for repair and it's going to cost £10,337 for the parts and labour. There are car rental costs on top of that. I'd be surprised if this isn't written off.

Ouch surely got to be a write off with a bill like that surely? Given it'll tjen be insurance categorised after that as well so value of it will plummet too.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Ouch surely got to be a write off with a bill like that surely? Given it'll tjen be insurance categorised after that as well so value of it will plummet too.

Yeah, I think it's about a 50/50 at the moment. I'm expecting the call at some point this morning so I'll keep you all posted.

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I will miss the colour a lot. But I'll love all the new gadgets and toys in this new facelift. :D

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Have the definitely declared it a write off?

I had a impact similar to that in my MK2 where the side airbags had been deployed and the impact beam bent and Admiral repaired it at just car clinic!

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
Have the definitely declared it a write off?

I had a impact similar to that in my MK2 where the side airbags had been deployed and the impact beam bent and Admiral repaired it at just car clinic!

Yeah, I got a call saying it's not getting repaired and it's officially a write-off.

Hughes395

Mar 29, 2016
Especially if you have mods and stuff cos i could be in the market for steal

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk