MK3 Led Headlights vs Mk3 facelift LED Headlights

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Hi all,

As the thread says, for those who had the pleasure of having the original MK3 with LED headlights, and have upgraded (lucky ppl!) to the facelifted Mk3 Leon with LED headlights.

Do you guys notice if on the facelift they are any brighter/better etc compared to original MK3 LED headlights?

Reason I'm asking is, I think i watched somewhere on youtube, the reviewer stated that the new Seat Leon Led Lighting was 2x as powerful as the old one. Maybe it's just marketing speak...over to you guys who have first hand experience with them.

Thanks!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Hi all,

As the thread says, for those who had the pleasure of having the original MK3 with LED headlights, and have upgraded (lucky ppl!) to the facelifted Mk3 Leon with LED headlights.

Do you guys notice if on the facelift they are any brighter/better etc compared to original MK3 LED headlights?

Reason I'm asking is, I think i watched somewhere on youtube, the reviewer stated that the new Seat Leon Led Lighting was 2x as powerful as the old one. Maybe it's just marketing speak...over to you guys who have first hand experience with them.

Thanks!
The ones in the 280 were crap, 290's are an improvement. Still think the old R's xenon's were better but hey I'm old what do I know... :p
Hope the 300's are good, looks like that'll be the replacement next year...

Last edited:

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
I have a facelifted FR, I was driving it for a couple of weeks then got a non facelift model for a week while my new plates arrive (custom plate so I had to wait). I can say that lights on my car felt brighter in comparison to the replacement I got. Not a severe difference but a nice step forward. Definitely would not call them twice as bright!

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Yep I gave had both now and the newer ones do seem brighter, wouldn't say double though. They do look different to look at from the front too. Also I love the fact the drl doubles as the indicator on the facelift.

graemebillo

Sep 9, 2010
liverpool
Hi.

I went from a 1.4 2013 FR mk3 to the face-lift model about a month ago. One of the first things I noticed was how much brighter they where at night. And I have also noticed that on my previous leon it had lost the cornering foglight function, and these have now returned on the new face-lifted model.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
The lights aren't just brighter they also have a longer reach

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
Talking of headlights ive noticed there are the odd couple of drivers keep flashing me when i drive past them at night.dont know why??.they must be bright lol!!!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Talking of headlights ive noticed there are the odd couple of drivers keep flashing me when i drive past them at night.dont know why??.they must be bright lol!!!

Flash them back, then they know what the high beam really is. Unless they were fellow Leon Mk3 owners...then maybe it's a 'hey'

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Hi.

I went from a 1.4 2013 FR mk3 to the face-lift model about a month ago.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I used to have a 2013 SE Mk3 with LED lights. I had no winter pack (nor heated seats), but I had the headlamp washers. I wondered if mine were the 'brighter' variant (more than 2000lms), as I didn't find them too bad, brightness wise. When pulling up behind a white or silver car at night, had to go close as possible as the reflection off the light colour car was too bright for me.

Now I have a car with D1S xenons (suposedly rated at 3200lms), I would say they marginally brighter and longer stock reach. I do however always clean the lenses on the front. when it's grimey or dirty light output drops a significant bit.

Lee_95

Mar 26, 2017
Mk3 facelift headlights are great
c74ad8811b068e466b6a9ad0b0cb3b96.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: RavH and Leonfr140

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Did anyone fitted and coded rear lights guys?love rear blinkers :)

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.