Any brake pad suggestions for Cupra

thedigitalage

Mar 21, 2013
My cupra's just coming up 22k miles and fancy replacing the pads. Should I just go for like for like, or does anyone have suggestions? Likewise with changing the fluid?

Cheers

jaba101

Jun 16, 2008
South West
I changed my brake fluid to Motul R660 from Opie Oils and I have tried the Ferrodo DS2500 which do not fit and rattle around in the callipers, Mintex do some vibration shims that would help with this but not sure how long they would last also tried the Brembo Sport Racing pads which lasted about five minutes and destroyed my callipers trough major overheating. I'm Currently running OEM pads from Dave at Sere (40% off so £75 with delivery) for the time being until I get some 6 pots on as the oem callipers are crap. My advice save the penny and get a decent setup.

thedigitalage

Mar 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply! I think I'll take a look into the OEM's for now, look a good price really :)

What did you think of the Motul fluid, any difference?

jaba101

Jun 16, 2008
South West
Sorry should of said only just put that in but so far so good its certainly got the specification over the oem fluid "Motul RBF660 race brake fluid is suitable for all types of hydraulic actuated-brake and clutch systems requiring a high quality, dot4 non-silicone synthetic fluid. Specially designed to resist to high temperature of racing actuated-brake (steel or carbon) and clutch systems, this quality brake fluid is particularly suitable for the demands of racing and for those requiring a very high performance brake fluid. RBF660 also exceeds the DOT 5.1 and DOT 3 brake fluid standards, except for viscosity at - 40°C (-40°F). RBF 660 is a 100% synthetic brake fluid from polyglycol bases."

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Thread revival! Can anyone tell me what the OEM pads actually are? I've looked but can't find the answer - also had issues with the DS2500's rattling round in the calliper so I'm returning them & putting OE pads back in. Cupra 280 2014. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Doesnt really matter who makes the OEM pads as the compound will be set by Seat and contracted out to a supplier. That same supplier will most likely also sell to aftermarket but not with the same compound. So if you want OEM compound you need to buy OEM. Of course different compounds can be had for increased friction etc. but if you want OEM feel you need to buy OEM.

taneltag

Jan 14, 2017
OEM front pads for Cupra 280 is JURID pads - I have replaced them myself and because they seemed good I took new ones also OEM.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members