Tyres on new Cupras 300?

cs8

May 19, 2015
Which tyres are fitted on the new 300 Cupras? Do they still have Conti sportcontact 5P and Michelin Cup 2 as an option?

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Are the Conti's really terrible then? I hear a lot of noise about them. My 290 came with P zero's which I rate pretty highly ( only had it 2 months so time will tell)

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I've got the Conti's and they're fine. They seem to get really good reviews, they've won plenty of tyre tests etc, I don't really know what else you can go off.

Only thing I'd say is from looking at what others have said is that Conti's in general wear quite badly. But I've no first hand experience of this.

I'll update as I get a few miles on them. If they do 8k I'd say that's reasonable with the power through the front wheels.

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
The P-zeros are a softer compound to the conti's so won't last as long but will provide a firmer with more feel due there stronger walls.

No point in going towards Mich. IMO due to their soft sidewalls they they let go with out any warning..

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I've got the Conti's and they're fine. They seem to get really good reviews, they've won plenty of tyre tests etc, I don't really know what else you can go off.

Only thing I'd say is from looking at what others have said is that Conti's in general wear quite badly. But I've no first hand experience of this.

I'll update as I get a few miles on them. If they do 8k I'd say that's reasonable with the power through the front wheels.
Got the Conti's on current 290, now at 10k , been ok - certainly a world better than the OEM Bridgestones on previous 280- car is wife's daily so only gets , ahem, 'used' when I get my hands on it ;) noticed over the last few weeks it's been a bit more willing to let go in the wet so may be time to consider changing. Will probably go for Goodyear Assy 3's , had the 2's on previous cars and have been happy with them.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I'm just going to keep the Conti's when the time comes, I can't stand having tyres that don't match.

Even if the Michelins are a bit better than the Conti's I'll stick with them as they're far from crap and ours is used primarily as a 'car'

Xpo

May 7, 2016
Sweden
I switched from stock Bridgestones(19") to conti5's(18") and I'd say they do a fine job. If you're not going to take it to the tracks, there's no reason for sticky R-tires.

Happy Days

Cupra 280/ FR 184 Nice.
Apr 13, 2016
Somerset
Alot of people quote Conti's ? but what one's. I had conti 5 on a FR diesel MK2 and they were awesome. I have conti 6's on my current Cupra, very grippy but did not last long. Now I have PS4s, they are more money but so far so good.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Has anyone with the P zeros had issues with wet weather handling. Had them on a VXR Astra great in warm dry but not predictable in wet. Fitted Hankooks which fixed on VXR.
Waiting on Cupra being delivered so be interested in handling.

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
Mine came with P Zeros on and I swapped them all to PS4S. Like Michelin, don't like Pirelli.

How is the difference please? Are PSS better in terms of wheel hop and spin?
I still have P Zero's on 290 and frankly hate them but wasnt sure if PSS would be that much better.

Thanks

ganfarr

May 3, 2016
Fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on the front of my Cupra 290 ST instead of the original fit P-Zero's, very happy with the improved feel in all conditions so far. Wheel hop that was still slightly there in some conditions after fitting 034 dogbone insert is now all but gone. If the car wasn't on just a 2 year lease ending next summer I'd have swapped the backs too, but they'll easily last till the lease ends.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.