High Idle and cooling fans running

Rslou

Mar 6, 2017
Hello, I'm looking for some help with my Seat Altea xl. The problem can happen at anytime wether the engine is cold or whilst driving.
Basically the idle increase to 1000rpm and the coolong fans start running, if you bleep or rev the throttle it makes no differance the idle stays the same and fans keep running, the only way to return the car to normal is switching off and starting up again.
I have replaced the battery and also changed the coolant temp sensor but no change. There are no codes showing on VAG and no dash lights.
Any advise would be helpful, Car is a seat altea xl 1.9 tdi, 2008 model.

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Hi Rslou, people may think I'm crazy but the wife had this exact same issue until I changed the clutch! Yep I know Bananas.... I'm not saying go and change your clutch but ever since I did it it's been fine. The only thing I can think of is my clutch was juddering slipping and smelt real bad, the flywheel was black (massive friction heat transfer) maybe messing with the temperature sensor or other sensors!
Anyway start with the cheapest option.... Flush you radiator, whilst empty remove themostat and check also grab your hosepipe and blast some pressure though the rad and pipework (clean out all the crap)....No hope then replace coolent temperature sensor....No hope then replace air temperature sensor....No hope then just ignore it good luck pal, sorry for the ramble

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise