Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Thats ok mate, looking at PCP's.
That £252 must only be a lease, PCP from audi was looking like over £400 and
even carwow proces have gone over £36000 with the spec I'd want.

Yeah it's lease only and only 5k a year. I've been looking at a Mercedes E-class but dunno if I'd get bored and want something quicker haha

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
Alright guys. As I said I have my new car but wanted to give it a detail before showing it off.
Some of you may have guessed which one I chose. Any way what I do want to know is how many of you think I should keep the fr for track use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
If it's mechanically sound then why not, they're not too bad on track in standard form. Gotta give them brakes some use!

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
If it's mechanically sound then why not, they're not too bad on track in standard form. Gotta give them brakes some use!

Ha well my only concern is age and mileage.
I've used the brakes a fair bit and love the Brembo calipers. Choice of discs and pads I would change for track use though.
Anyone interested in stock parts or other parts? I would sell the Bbs sr wheels and some standard bits .

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
So here's what I bought :p
haven't given her a good polish yet so more pics to come :rolleyes:
14ee0c3c-ed59-47de-8278-46f30c805d3f.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
Have to say I agree on the wheels. I think Seat could do better but as long as you like them.

Can't quote you both so I'll go with dans,
Yeah seat could do better but I don't think seats wheels have never really stood out as looking the dogs balls. To cleaning? Well only done it once, have to do it regularly and then won't be bad at all.
In comparison to the fr, inside it's almost a different world. Well put together and is really comfortable, love the bucket seats.
It is a DSG as I didn't say before, so that's faster than the fr but as my fr was stage 2 it has a lot more torque so accelerates faster than the 290. Something a map would sort but I'll wait given how now the car is.
I think I'll have to get that dog mount upgrade as I managed to get severe wheel hop when seeing how fast she is.

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
H&R Spring and damper kit. (lowers 30mm) £200
Revo intake £200
BCS TBE with LCR tail pipes £650 (retailed at £1250)
BBS SR 18" wheels refurbished in silver £600 with tyres that have a few 1000 miles of driving left.
Custom K1/BTCC Rear bumper £450
TTS engine cover finished in custom blue (maybe depends on next car) £tbc
forge PCV delete £50
LineaR Grill (wrapped gloss black) £70

all plus P+P or collection for bigger items such as exhaust, rear bumper and wheels.

how was the difference in ride quality of the H&R kit over standard, does your kit have it's own dampers or did you use the stock dampers? I have pre FL FR and the ride is awful and way too hard so want a softer set up.

wilksy

tfsi
Aug 13, 2005
oxford
how was the difference in ride quality of the H&R kit over standard, does your kit have it's own dampers or did you use the stock dampers? I have pre FL FR and the ride is awful and way too hard so want a softer set up.

Yes comes with dampers.
I wouldn't say the ride is more comfortable
As the dampers have less travel, but it is less crashy which is one thing I was looking to improve from the stock suspension.
So to sum it up it's a more controlled ride rather than softer.

RandyMoore

Aug 6, 2018
Damn, i reaaly like the double exhaust :D
H&R Spring and damper kit. (lowers 30mm) £200
Revo intake £200
BCS TBE with LCR tail pipes £650 (retailed at £1250)
BBS SR 18" wheels refurbished in silver £600 with tyres that have a few 1000 miles of driving left.
Custom K1/BTCC Rear bumper £450
TTS engine cover finished in custom blue (maybe depends on next car) £tbc
forge PCV delete £50
LineaR Grill (wrapped gloss black) £70

all plus P+P or collection for bigger items such as exhaust, rear bumper and wheels.
also read this phen375 reviews https://theskinnyvibes.com/phen375-reviews-results/
Yes, the double exhaust looks so cool. I'm also planning to get the double exhaust in my new ride. Wondering how much would it cost.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members