Dog cage / Dog crate for ST

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I am searching web for bestfit dog cage/crate for my Leon ST.

Actually I am bit confused, as I found only one bestfit manufacturer - Alpuna.
Offer for Seat Leon ST is here:
http://boxenreferenz.alpuna.de/Seat/Leon_ST_III/Leon_ST_III.html
All others manufacturers has depth ca. 90cm, but Leon's boot in lower position is only 82.5cm. Limiting is depth on the side.
Beside that, opening of such cage is also problem (not for Alpuna, but other manufacturers), as height of the boot opening in lower position is 12cm. Alpuna has door in 12cm exactly, so it will be possible to open, all others less -> that means usable just with boot in higher position.

For my dog it seems N22 will fit best, but I still have few questions:

1. Can be luggage safety net (just behind the rear seats) be in position when this cage is in boot? Or do I have to remove it?
I would prefer if it can stay in position.

2. I measured my boot and it really looks like it will fit "for millimetres". Is it really so close to rear window?
This is N22:
IMG_9CDB37-20F1C9-AA2A00-360D4C-D68C88-74FA5D.jpg

Anybody with real experience?
What do you use for dog transport in your car?
I really need dog cage into boot, rear seats are full with kids....
Missing luggage space will be replaced by roofbox.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
For dog cage in St boot I use a standard dog cage and attach it with bungee cords to the metal loops either side of boot area. Cage is sturdy with 2 bungees across the rear face of the cage. I do have a small terrier type dog so cage isnt too big.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
My dog is a "street mixture", around 52cm heigh (tap height), 16kg.
I am not feeling him safe enough, kids on the rear seat safe enough, if dog will be in a plastic transport cage (like for flying) or "metal lines cage" - these I really don't understand. That is the reason why I am looking at Aluminium more stronger cages.

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
7eb3b25741f22cd68812b790c7d7e5b5.jpg

I have a cage im selling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
That looks like an "build on request" cage, exact fit.
What did you paid for it? Who did it for you?

I am just curious, this is not for my usage.
I need to be flexible, to get cage easily in/out.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
So, risked it and bought Alpuna N22.
It fits like a charm when boot is in lower position (all available space is used, great), safety net stays in position. This is what I wanted.
No problem to close the boot.

The only problem is, that my dog has problems to stands in there, but it is due to tilt of the front/back side and in all cages my 52cm dog would have this problem due to rear seats tilt and boot window tilt. Wider cage will not solve it, higher cage not available.
To sit and lay down he has enough space.
Will have to make more frequent breaks during longer trips.
488fc8e1bf8d8b36e76275f3dedb2809.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 112617

7eb3b25741f22cd68812b790c7d7e5b5.jpg

I have a cage im selling

Is this still for sale urgent reply needed before buying one that won’t be as good as this one looks ?

Luckypants

Extra Large Member
Apr 7, 2015
N.E. Wales
Click on ESS's user name above, next to one of his posts. This brings up a dropdown menu with the option to send a private message.

If using Tapatalk to access the forum on a phone / tablet, tap his username and the option to to send a message will come up.

HTH.

Deleted member 112617

Click on ESS's user name above, next to one of his posts. This brings up a dropdown menu with the option to send a private message.

If using Tapatalk to access the forum on a phone / tablet, tap his username and the option to to send a message will come up.

HTH.

Thanks unfortunately as a Newbie member I don’t get that option hoping they can message me lol

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
Thanks unfortunately as a Newbie member I don’t get that option hoping they can message me lol

I cant inbox you either you will need to make a few comments then you will be able to message me.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.