Tdi 150 clutch/flywheel options after remap

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
Hello, just after a bit of advice. I've searched many forums and done a lot of reading and thought I would ask the question myself. My clutch biting point was relatively height prior to my remap and inevitably my clutch has started to slip under load since the remap. I'm looking to replace my clutch kit along with my dmf (don't want smf). From what I have read many people have used a standard sach setup and seem to have no problems if driven correctly. I know parts are not cheap but don't really want to be spending £730 for an uprate dark side kit. As silly as it sounds I would be happy if I fitted a sach kit which dark side supply which is £315 for dmf and clutch kit and it last a couple of years before showing signs of wear and re doing again then. My question is does anyone have any first hand experience in fitting a sach or luk kit after having a remap and how well does it cope? My car is approx 180hp and 400nm and pulls very well. I don't drive hard in low rpm and progress power progressively so hopefully prolongue the life of the clutch.

Thank you in advance.

jamie1

Sep 28, 2010
south east
Will be purchasing a standard sach kit tomorrow for £385 all in including dmf, does anybody have any experience in this before I take the plunge? Spoke to a bloke at dark side developments and he said a standard set up would be fine for a basic remap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: