White FR with Gun Metal Grey wheels???

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Hi all,

Wanting to get my wheels resprayed but don't want to go down the lines of white car black alloys so thinking of cutting it in the middle and going for gun metal grey....

Does anyone have pictures of a white Leon with gun metal grey alloys so I can see if I like it ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Should look good mate. I've got black fr and planning in getting my wheel done anthracite or gun metal. My dad had a white s5 and he had his wheels done in shadow chrome and that looked the nuts against the white. I'd recommend powder coating over painting for a harder wearing finish.

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Hi mate,

Yeah don't want to go down the usual black and white route as most cars do so want something a bit more subtle.... just really wanted to see a picture of them before fully committing but gotta get tyres on within the next week or so, so I'll get the wheels booked in too...

Yeah will defo be getting them powder coated as they were " sprayed " by the stealer when I bought the car second hand and they're flaking hence why I want them done properly....

Nothing worse then having a mint nice looking car but the wheels are fooked

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Couldn't agree more, wheels really do make or break a car imo. Yeah I don't want the all black look that's appears to be popular atm, the shadow chrome is enough to be different from black but is different again from grey. I don't think it'd suit my black one but works against the whitw. Will see if I can get hold of a pic of his for you, not a leon I know but you'll get the idea.

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
Looks smart mate, thanks for that....think I'm defo going down this road... I'll post a photo up next week when I get them done

ray

Jan 7, 2016
8ad165e89881543a38df59339709effb.jpg

Older Leon but I have the same thoughts and didn't wanna go down the usual route.

Kinggy

Nov 27, 2016
8ad165e89881543a38df59339709effb.jpg

Older Leon but I have the same thoughts and didn't wanna go down the usual route.

Yeah man looks great.... defo going down this route

Steede

Jun 23, 2013
Ireland
i have a mk2 in white but went for a bright silver refurbing my wheels and looks great

Last edited:

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
My old FR with gun metal grey.
Much easier to clean that the BE Cupra wheels!!
95f952fe47670cf5f7abc644e91499a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Cheers, I did too. Wonder why I sold her now....???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members