2017 Leon!!!

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Alright guys, took delivery of my new Leon 1.4 FR Technology last week, now I'm sure when it was dropped off it was just the front LED lights on but I've noticed in the last couple of days the rear LED lights are on constantly, light switches are all turned off, is this normal or am i missing something?

In my 14 plate this is configured in the vehicle settings and can be toggled to off. Under something like LED running lights

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
What sites that mean? I was told the same thing. Model year 18 but the plate won't be 18. Do what sites that really mean?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

VAG run a new model year every year from week 22 onwards and this year we enter MY18. As the facelift was only implemented around week 45 last year, very little changed for 18 and as we enter the end of the mk3's product cycle then expect each model year to start seeing optional​ equiptment added as standard to help keep sales volume up.

Leon 3 Model Years
MY18 Brochure - http://www.seatpress.co.uk/model/pack/21/

Threads
MY15 - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=402650
MY16 - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417274
MY17 (delayed for Facelift) http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433772 - I realise it's this thread!
MY18 - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437765

Last edited:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
My 66 plate had only the front daytime running lights but I noticed too that the my facelift fr has the rears on as well as standard. There are a few features I have noticed that usually have to be programmed through vcds or obd eleven that are activated as standard on the facelift. Saves me the job of doing them!!!

rizzy

May 15, 2017
Spoke directly to Seat Customer service re my Leon FR order.

It has been built (yay) and is in transit to the port of exit. Apparently it can take up to another 6 weeks for me to get hold of it (worst case).

So that would be 20 weeks since ordering..

The dealer I bought from, has been completely useless. I'll be trying to get some sort of offer for the delay and shocking customer service.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Spoke directly to Seat Customer service re my Leon FR order.

It has been built (yay) and is in transit to the port of exit. Apparently it can take up to another 6 weeks for me to get hold of it (worst case).

So that would be 20 weeks since ordering..

The dealer I bought from, has been completely useless. I'll be trying to get some sort of offer for the delay and shocking customer service.

Why would you be entitled to 'some sort of offer'?

Last edited:

MEZ44

Aug 7, 2016
That's perfectly normal, most [or all] cars do it on cold-start.

its gives more fuel to the engine to warm it up quickly

in carburetor cars u had to do it manually with a "choke"

Yep, it's to warm up the lambda sensor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
Ordered my new Leon ST FR tech 1.8 Tsi DSG 3 weeks ago and have just received a build week 26. (3 weeks time) how long would you expect me to wait once built. Was originally quoted 21 weeks. Need to start thinking about flogging my current car.
Im new to seat but love the spec and price compered to other vag vehicles.:

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Ordered my new Leon ST FR tech 1.8 Tsi DSG 3 weeks ago and have just received a build week 26. (3 weeks time) how long would you expect me to wait once built. Was originally quoted 21 weeks. Need to start thinking about flogging my current car.
Im new to seat but love the spec and price compered to other vag vehicles.:

Ours was under 2 weeks from build to dealer but I think it can be up to 4 weeks.

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
What is the difference the optional/extra "full led" and the serie equipment "Halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights"?

Last edited:

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
What is the difference the optional/extra "full led" and the serie equipment "Halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights"?

It's literally that the led is full led that never needs replacing

Halogen is just the side lights and indicators that are led

FNeves

Mar 28, 2017
It's literally that the led is full led that never needs replacing

Halogen is just the side lights and indicators that are led

Thank you very much!

I have some doubts in the aspect of the car, without the extra "full led" that line of light in the lamp (I think it is the daylight) comes in the default version?

Last edited:

davipt

Aug 8, 2015
Thank you very much!

I have some doubts in the aspect of the car, without the extra "full led" that line of light in the lamp (I think it is the daylight) comes in the default version?

I have full led. Don't even ask yourself why not. It's money well deserved. When they say "full led", it means "full led" - it's the front halogens, the fog lights, the back bulbs, every single thing is led. I don't have a single bulb on my car.

Since I could afford Xenons, I told myself I wouldn't ever go back to Halogens. Seat no longer has Xenon option, only the better led option, and as far as I've been told, the current led lights are even better than the previous ones. And besides, they're much prettier going up than going down like before: \== SEAT ==/

PS: I can't see it on the simulators, but I recall seeing it on the manual. There is some trims (Xcellence I think) that comes by default with front leds, and then the "full leds" package is no longer > 1000 (€/£), but something like 300. This means the full led package for that case is only the additional fog and back lights.

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I have full led. Don't even ask yourself why not. It's money well deserved. When they say "full led", it means "full led" - it's the front halogens, the fog lights, the back bulbs, every single thing is led. I don't have a single bulb on my car.

Since I could afford Xenons, I told myself I wouldn't ever go back to Halogens. Seat no longer has Xenon option, only the better led option, and as far as I've been told, the current led lights are even better than the previous ones. And besides, they're much prettier going up than going down like before: \== SEAT ==/

PS: I can't see it on the simulators, but I recall seeing it on the manual. There is some trims (Xcellence I think) that comes by default with front leds, and then the "full leds" package is no longer > 1000 (€/£), but something like 300. This means the full led package for that case is only the additional fog and back lights.

I bet your reverse light is still halogen?!! Mine is anyway which is very upsetting.

New facelift led lights are better than previous yes and anything with tech pack should have full led lamps iirc.

davipt

Aug 8, 2015
I bet your reverse light is still halogen?!! Mine is anyway which is very upsetting.

New facelift led lights are better than previous yes and anything with tech pack should have full led lamps iirc.

You are so right. I'm gonna go back and complain right away. I've been promised "no bulbs anywhere".

Here's the left side, with the fog light:
dropbox.com/s/2tyhyxcbznp9idb/IMG_8515.jpg?dl=0

Here's the right side, with the reverse *BULB* light:
dropbox.com/s/eomyrrjeki75lfx/IMG_8514.jpg?dl=0

(PS: I'm from Portugal, so the sides may be different for you ;)

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
You are so right. I'm gonna go back and complain right away. I've been promised "no bulbs anywhere".

Here's the left side, with the fog light:
dropbox.com/s/2tyhyxcbznp9idb/IMG_8515.jpg?dl=0

Here's the right side, with the reverse *BULB* light:
dropbox.com/s/eomyrrjeki75lfx/IMG_8514.jpg?dl=0

(PS: I'm from Portugal, so the sides may be different for you ;)

It does seem pretty poor given it's literally the only bulb, surely they could have fitted an led bulb???? I would swap it out for an led bulb but I did that on my previous my2016 leon and it interfered with the dab whenever I put it in reverse [:@]

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
I'd really like to know the reason they used a conventional bulb for the reversing light too, it's very odd considering they've used LEDs for everything else.

Still, a decent LED bulb isn't too expensive and is an easy fit. Mine causes no DAB interference, and nor do my LED indicator bulbs.

davipt

Aug 8, 2015
I'd really like to know the reason they used a conventional bulb for the reversing light too, it's very odd considering they've used LEDs for everything else.

Still, a decent LED bulb isn't too expensive and is an easy fit. Mine causes no DAB interference, and nor do my LED indicator bulbs.

It doesn't even look like a plain 21W bulb, but the smaller one, maybe the typical 5W, maybe the less typical 10W. I'm pretty sure a good triplet of white leds would produce more light than the bulb. If they did it the triplet red leds for the fog, why not that one.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
It doesn't even look like a plain 21W bulb, but the smaller one, maybe the typical 5W, maybe the less typical 10W. I'm pretty sure a good triplet of white leds would produce more light than the bulb. If they did it the triplet red leds for the fog, why not that one.

Exactly! They'd have had to make different parts for RHD and LHD markets anyway, the cost of adding a white LED would have been almost insignificant really.

But then it still baffles me that new cars from various manufacturers are launched even now and don't have mostly LEDs as standard. Even the new Astra has rear LEDs as an optional extra across various trim levels; my 2007 Mazda3 had them as standard!

brawny

May 15, 2017
Just had mine brought forward from week 29 to week 28 (we are on week 25 this week I believe). That makes week 29 w/c 17th July. Assuming it then takes 2-4 weeks for the car to be delivered do you think its work telling them to keep it until the new reg arrives 1st September? Will that make any difference to the car's value in 4 years time when the PCP deal ends?

p.s. ordered mid March

Last edited:

Brew3144

May 19, 2017
Mine is build week 26 which is next week i believe. Should arrive at the dealers in early August. Rang my dealer and they are happy to keep my car until 67 reg.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.