MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
When did you made order? I mean date of ordering?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
If memory serves it was 29th April.
It's going to be a long couple of months!

I waited a little over four months for my current car but seems this will be an even longer wait.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Simo

Apr 25, 2017
I ordered my 5 door manual Cupra 300 in Desire Red on 12th April and have been told it arrived at the port on Thursday and I will have it next week. I wasn't expecting it for another month so I must have got lucky

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
If memory serves it was 29th April.
It's going to be a long couple of months!

I waited a little over four months for my current car but seems this will be an even longer wait.

Guess I'm getting old as I was wrong with the date. It was 27th March.

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
I ordered my 5 door manual Cupra 300 in Desire Red on 12th April and have been told it arrived at the port on Thursday and I will have it next week. I wasn't expecting it for another month so I must have got lucky

WOW, you must have been lucky and got a cancelled car in the same spec - ive been told 16 - 18 weeks for my car and i ordered at the end of March.

fer b16

Mexican Cupra MK3
May 30, 2017
Hi from México.

After reading how you order your Cupras within Europe, I must say its amazing the way you can track your order, here in Mexico its a mess, I just order a grey 5 door cupra and the dealer just said last friday that I would have to wait about 20 days to get the car, but it is not definite time, so it can be more, but what I have seen is that it is a long wait in UK, I dont know why does it take so long, I am guessing, but I think it is because you have the chance to do a set up on accesories and We have just one trim. I will let you now if i get it on the 20 days dealer told me or its more than that.

Simo

Apr 25, 2017
WOW, you must have been lucky and got a cancelled car in the same spec - ive been told 16 - 18 weeks for my car and i ordered at the end of March.
I know mate. I was expecting mid July if I'm honest but I won't complain!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Yes, I done a lot of research before choosing Ed to detail the car, I found out about him from the pics of your 290 on here :clap:

Most of the local detailers wanted twice the price for half the detail. Over the moon with his work.

I wouldn't trust anyone else to go near my car other than Ed - he really knows his stuff.

bega

Oct 13, 2016
Today I got call from dealer and told me that my car is ready,probably next week they will organize transport to my country. Usually it takes 2 weeks for a car to get here.

I did order Cupra 300 with almost full equipment, on 3rd of April. It took 2 months to make a car. I hope it's not mistake :) I was expecting it in late July or August. I hope it come for 2-3 weeks so I can enjoy while it's summer cause I won't drive it in winter,like my last BMW E90. For bad weather I have my 2001 Seat Toledo which I own for 10.5 years and still in perfect condition.

yagizsencer

Seat Leon SC/FR 1.4TSI
Jan 8, 2017
İstanbul, Turkey
What are the differences between 280 cupra and 290 cupra? Engine excluded. I know that the keys of the steering wheel are black also cupra trim is black. Others?

Or, what kind of parts do i have to buy to make my leon FR to cupra 290 visually? I got the front, rear bumper and steering wheel. Also, i got cupra letter and 290 emblem What else is there?

Last edited:

Sejo

Apr 23, 2017
Mine is here, also I know about 3 or 4 more that came in the country in the same time.
Here it is, monsoon grey, parking sensors with camera, winter pack and full link with everything else standard.

For now, really pleased with comfort level in comfort mode. The grip will be the issue, if there is any bad tarmac it will spin its wheels even in third gear...

Can't post the pics up...I don't have enough posts on forum...

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Well, it's been almost 2 years with my 280 and I've not stopped loving it. But, with an expanding family we were starting to think about something slightly bigger. Not keen on SUVs and quite liked the look of the ST so we popped into a nearby dealer who happened to have a newly arrived ST 300 4drive in Monsoon Grey. The idea was to have a look with the possibility to ordering one for the end of the year but the dealer was so keen to move it on by the end of the month with a very tempting deal we are now picking it up next week. The quickest I have ever bought a car!
cb706191334e042228020f4132320a7c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LL2J

Apr 11, 2017
The idea was to have a look with the possibility to ordering one for the end of the year but the dealer was so keen to move it on by the end of the month with a very tempting deal we are now picking it up next week. The quickest I have ever bought a car!
cb706191334e042228020f4132320a7c.jpg

Hi JD,

If you don't mind telling, what was the deal that you got and spec of the car? I'm very intrigued!

Thanks

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Hi JD,

If you don't mind telling, what was the deal that you got and spec of the car? I'm very intrigued!

Thanks

The car is standard apart from ACC added. Felt a step up in quality from the 280 and as I said I've been very pleased with it these past 2 years.
Got it on a lease deal with Seat for 3 years at £338pm, 12k pa and 6 months up front and they took the 280 off me, which was on a pcp, which gave me a big chunk towards the upfront payment. You probably could get a better deal with one of the online brokers but the disposal of the 280 was the clincher for me.

benhella

May 3, 2015
Just ordered an ex demo 290st dsg

Traded in the manual 5dr for an auto st i must be getting old.
3c611100d40c8cace995b18e73d2d6d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LL2J

Apr 11, 2017
The car is standard apart from ACC added. Felt a step up in quality from the 280 and as I said I've been very pleased with it these past 2 years.
Got it on a lease deal with Seat for 3 years at £338pm, 12k pa and 6 months up front and they took the 280 off me, which was on a pcp, which gave me a big chunk towards the upfront payment. You probably could get a better deal with one of the online brokers but the disposal of the 280 was the clincher for me.

Seems a good upgrade deal you got there. Please report back on what you think of the 4drive compared to your 280.

59pierre

May 2, 2017
Brinscal
eca8eb0e835d37f4162d8a79e0446b60.jpg

300 DSG ST, bought from a dealer with just 1500 miles on it. Had it for 6 weeks now (just under 1500 miles later) and, as a first time Seat owner, I must say I'm really impressed. In comfort mode on my daily commute, it's easy to get on with. It not the most economical vehicle I've bought, but I didn't expect it to be!

It's practical enough to get two complete sets of golf clubs, complete with cart bags and electric trolleys, in the back without dropping any seats.

And in Cupra mode, it is insanely good; never fails to give a 'cheesy grin' and is a lot quicker than most people with hot hatches realise, especially when they think they have you beat....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise