Tyre help!

jamierohman

Jun 19, 2017
I'm looking for something better than the standard continental tyres I got with my car, I want something with more grip as I'm looking to do be doing track days soon.

I've got the 18" alloys on the 1.4Tsi 150ps

Thanks

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
The two you will see touted the most on here are probably the Dunlop sport maxx rt2s which I use presently and am impressed by. You do need to reign them in somewhat in the rain however. You should be able to get them for 140 a tyre fitted. The other I plan on giving a go once I burn through those is the Michelin pilot sport 4. Guy called Ben Patey on facebook will do you a cracking deal on those that actually makes them cheaper than the Dunlops. Not tried them myself but but always hard good things about them. As for a track day though I don't know if you maybe wanna go for something cheaper that maybe just doesn't last out as long as those two but I have nothing to recommend for that if there even is such a thing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
The two you will see touted the most on here are probably the Dunlop sport maxx rt2s which I use presently and am impressed by. You do need to reign them in somewhat in the rain however. You should be able to get them for 140 a tyre fitted. The other I plan on giving a go once I burn through those is the Michelin pilot sport 4. Guy called Ben Patey on facebook will do you a cracking deal on those that actually makes them cheaper than the Dunlops. Not tried them myself but but always hard good things about them. As for a track day though I don't know if you maybe wanna go for something cheaper that maybe just doesn't last out as long as those two but I have nothing to recommend for that if there even is such a thing.

For the cupra yes, but for the 1.4 the Goodyear eagle 3's are a popular choice.

Fraser87

Mar 3, 2017
I imagined it would all be much the same. I guess the power outputs would be different. Yeah so ignore what I put lol.

BigARG

Mar 24, 2015
Essex
Just got 2 Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 3 for £280ish from Kwik fit. Also get a £40 love to shop voucher via redemption.

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Oem fitted potenza 001 still holding on after 1year

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

FRST_181

Jul 3, 2017
Leicester
Mine has some reallllllly badly balanced and rubbish quality ZETA ACCELERA? tyres which came with the car. I can highly recommend NOT to get them....They will soon be replaced with some Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres which I had on my old MK3. Brilliant tyre stuck to the road like...well you know!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Mine has some reallllllly badly balanced and rubbish quality ZETA ACCELERA? tyres which came with the car. I can highly recommend NOT to get them....They will soon be replaced with some Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres which I had on my old MK3. Brilliant tyre stuck to the road like...well you know!

I guess when you got the car it has already done it's first tyre change? As far as I know, all Leon comes with 'premium' tyres, ranging from Bridgestone (mine) to Pirelli (P7s) and Dunlop (RTs). There might be other brands too from factory. I don't know about Cupras and their 19inch ones though.

FRST_181

Jul 3, 2017
Leicester
I guess when you got the car it has already done it's first tyre change? As far as I know, all Leon comes with 'premium' tyres, ranging from Bridgestone (mine) to Pirelli (P7s) and Dunlop (RTs). There might be other brands too from factory. I don't know about Cupras and their 19inch ones though.

Yes mate, it has only done 20k on the clock so it was about due its first set of tyres. The rears are Pirelli P7s but they are starting to get a bit low aswell. An expensive month coming up i'm feeling.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Yes mate, it has only done 20k on the clock so it was about due its first set of tyres. The rears are Pirelli P7s but they are starting to get a bit low aswell. An expensive month coming up i'm feeling.

If you end up getting the Fulda Sport Control 2, let me know how it goes. It will probably be 6 months before I need new boots, am considering the above to change from Bridgestone RE050As.

Oh I didn't see, you are getting Dunlop boots.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise