Tdi fr 170ppd

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

Had a good look around on here but cant seem to find what im after?:( Hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Ive got the above car and its not very well!! It seems the plastic seal on the end of the gearbox has decided to not want to seal anymore and i have a puddle of oil under the car.

Does anyone know the part number for this or know where i can find out please.

Just to clarify the car is a 2007 Leon FR 170 PPD BMN engine code.

Thanks in advance:)

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Do you happen to know what the gearbox code is on your car? There are 6 different 02Q manual gearboxes used on the BMN engine:-
  • HVS
  • JMA
  • JRK
  • KDS
  • KNY
  • KXZ

You will sometimes find the gearbox (transmission) code on the sticker in the boot under the carpet which is usually somewhere on the left had side. It will look something like the following (the transmission code shown on this particular one is "FYK")...

2hmf3hs.jpg

There should also be a similar sticker somewhere in the documentation that came with the car.

Depending on the gearbox code, you will have either a metal or plastic end cap, and it will be either 79.35mm or 84.5mm in diameter.

You can find removal and fitting instructions in this post.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Cheers for that. I will take a look when i get back from work later. :)

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Gearbox code is KDS, Which i believe is a plastic one according to google,But can i hell find the part number.
Will call my local stealers or TPS tomorrow and see what the score is.

Last edited:

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
What a top bloke you are they probs wouldnt have even known what i was talking about haha.

Thanks again buddy, much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Thanks again buddy:D

Part ordered just waiting for it to come in and will get it fitted and give it a fresh belly full of oil.