Noise when stop the car

camel2469

May 27, 2017
I am owner of seat ibiza 2013 FR, and i noticed that when i am pushed on brakes strong the car stop with this noises:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O95fAW51G8

I tried to replace 2 different pads company and after replace them i got quiet for one day and it's back again this F*** noise.

I think that it came form springs, and this noise is only from back of the car.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that that noise is just the rear wheels moving very slightly and it is the pad<>disc moving with the wheel that is making that noise, if you pulled the hand brake up harder/more, it would not make that noise.

I can quite easily drive my wife mad, or make her very annoyed if I let the car creep when stopped on a hill or slope and don't pull the handbrake on hard enough.

If you park the car on level ground, by leave it in gear and leave the handbrake off - does it make any noises, if not then what I've suggested should be true.

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
I belive that is the hill hold working. It's normal, nothing you can do about that

Last edited:

camel2469

May 27, 2017
I think that that noise is just the rear wheels moving very slightly and it is the pad<>disc moving with the wheel that is making that noise, if you pulled the hand brake up harder/more, it would not make that noise.

I can quite easily drive my wife mad, or make her very annoyed if I let the car creep when stopped on a hill or slope and don't pull the handbrake on hard enough.

If you park the car on level ground, by leave it in gear and leave the handbrake off - does it make any noises, if not then what I've suggested should be true.

Hey,I think you're right, if i am pulled the hand brake up harder/more, then it's not make any noises and when i park my car on P gear without the hand brake it's not make noises.

So it's really stupid thing, how can i fix it?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise