Considering high mileage remap LCR225

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
I'm aware of the existing threads on high mileage remaps, but just wanted a bit more of a personal response. I have an 05 LCR on 117K miles. I've made the decision to keep the car for a few more years and so I'am after a bit more enjoyment.

The car as I'm aware is still on the same turbo and i think the same clutch, there are no problems. Its just gone through MOT and the last few services have been done at AmD.

I've had the car since 65K miles, very extensive service history and I have continued this.

I've read conflicting posts on the effects of a remap on a high mileage car regardless of condition.

I would just like some opinions, i wouldn't want to do something that is going to end up costing me more money than its worth just for a bit more enjoyment.

Also, I've decided to keep the stock DV, will a badger 5 TIP make any difference in stage 1 figures over the stock TIP? I've heard stock can collapse.

irf

Feb 5, 2014
Can only go by my own experience really. Had the car since 91k and now on 106k. After I bought and fitted the hardware and then got it mapped I've been to the Nurburgring 3 times and castle combe 3 times as well. The car takes a beating on track that cannot be replicated on the road. I will carry on doing these trips as long as I can.

Having said that there are a few points.

I suspect your clutch could struggle after the map. Nobody can actually say without taking your clutch out and actually looking at it but it does seem a common issue after a car with higher mileage has a remap.

I would only take it to rtech or badger5, no exception. You won't get inflated figures and you'll get a map that will be kind to the car and hence last.

This applies more to doing trackdays then just a simple remap but you're putting the car under more stress. Things can and will break sooner. Keep on top of maintenance and you should be ok.

Lastly, I'll just say that while I haven't really had any issues worth mentioning I do have the attitude of changing things before they need changing. Also I'm not precious about the car in that if the turbo for example were to go, I'd just see it as an excuse to uprate it. Failing that I'd just source one and get it fitted according to what I could afford at the time.

HTH.

May 25, 2008
cambs
Mines on 144k and the turbo seals have just let go
I'd put that down to mileage and wear and tear rather than the stage 2 map
Map it and enjoy it

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Clutches can take 300lb/ft - a stage 1 will take you to around 267.

The last Audi TT with the same engine came with 237hp, so a remap will actually only give you about 30hp over and above what VAG will let out of the factory. So I wouldn't worry.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.