Offered an lcr

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
Ok I need some advice, ive been offered a lcr 05 plate with a bam engine, the engine is naff as it's had a rod through the block, it has no mot either, he wants £1,200 for it but what do you guys think??

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
What's the mileage and condition of the rest of the car if the engine is twatted?
Is it standard of modified?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
It's got 133,000 odd miles on the clock, stage 2 map, there is a few bumps and scrapes on the car, he doesnt want to break it up as he doesnt have the time

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Seems steep to me, you can pick up a running one for not much more these days.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Probably more realistic unless the body is absolutely sweet and has loads of aftermarket parts on it.
I've only just noticed you said it has no MOT, I'd certainly be getting the registration number and doing a previous MOT history check on it as well.

Last edited:

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
He`s probably expecting to make what he would breaking it - what with brembos, bumpers and wheels easily going for £1200 in total - but if he doesnt want to break it he isnt going to get that.

£600 sounds reasonable to me if the body work, suspension etc are all in good order and you get source and fit a 2nd hand engine

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Weigh up sourcing a decent engine and fitting costs, a recon with decent warranty could set you back £1000 before fitting.

You also need to ask why it bust a rod, poor maintenance, high output remap? If so then what else is likely to be a problem... the turbo?

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
he said he has standard rods, and also that he has raced 3 Subaru's and beat them, he said that he was driving and heard tapping noises then it just stopped, I reckon that he has ragged it, ive offered him £600 but he wont budge now he is thinking of getting another engine for it oh well never mind.

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Ah ok that's fair enough, I thought you were intending to actually put it on the road.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sounds like you dodged a nuke.
Bet turbo is about to go bang too. Sounds like it's driven by a. ,,,,!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.