Panoramic Sunroof Problems

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
My sunroof has become increasingly rattlesome over the last year or so in the tilt position. Our main dealer, Huddersfield Seat, (very good by the way) have been told by Seat UK that they all do this. It would be good to know of anyone else having problems before I escalate this with Seat UK.

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
I have experienced an increase in wind noise above 240 km/t but I believe that it is due to the need for an adjustment of the panorama - hence it can be eliminated again. I have absolutely no rattling from the panorama and it is one year old now.
I had a similar panorama in my 2009 A4 and owned that for four years and it had done almost 100k miles when I sold it - it had no rattles what so ever from the panorama. If that had been the case I would not have had it in the Cupra as I absolutely hate even minor rattling etc. from a car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
I have a 64 plate ST with the panoramic roof. Never had any rattles from it at all. The only problem I have is remembering which way to twist the control when I want to open or close it....even though it is a 50/50 chance I always seem to choose the wrong way!
Conal

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
Mine rattles all the time when in the tilt position, when fully opened it tends to rattle a bit less. But since the whole car rattles im starting to be imune on that noise. Its the facelifted 2017 FR.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
hello again - I had a rattle on my ST sunroof (from the front) when it was shut, and Letchworth Seat fixed it with a very small foam insert. I did find that the BLIND would rattle a little when fully open; moving it forward a couple of inches fixed it.
I miss the drive and handling in the Leon, but the new XC60 doesn't rattle......and I don't have a problem climbing up out!!
hope you guys are all well:)

Ignore the signature - the ST went in January....

Last edited:

concerned cat

Nov 30, 2014
Huddersfield UK
Thanks for all replies. I'm sure more will follow. Andrew, it's good to hear from you again! I'm shortly being forced to renew the car. It's a leased vehicle through work. Audi A4 Avant Sport Ultra DSG is being strongly suggested.........

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
Thanks for all replies. I'm sure more will follow. Andrew, it's good to hear from you again! I'm shortly being forced to renew the car. It's a leased vehicle through work. Audi A4 Avant Sport Ultra DSG is being strongly suggested.........

will be a great car, I'm sure. Audi interior fit and finish is best there is, and the A4 Avant is pretty too.
Maybe not as pretty as the leon ST, but hey. First world problem, right?
enjoy it. Back to getting out the stepladder to wash the XC60 roof.....:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members