what have you done to your car today ?

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
well my wallet is £569.14 lighter after having my cambelt done today, so that dreaded noise that you get when you have a cambelt changed has gone, now ive got to sort out :eek:il leaks from cam cover gasket, turbo oil return pipe and sump bung, get another upper timing belt cover as its broken, there is a slight coolant leak from the oil cooler pipes, engine oil breather hose has collapsed, then theres 2 faults 16622 and 16497 to sort.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Thanks mate I didn't think about that, interesting point!

Do you have a picture of your stance?

Sorry for the delayed reply too busy at work and trying to get car ready for Snetterton in 3 days time.

Here's my side profile..

picture.php

Or for a bigger version (please right click on the icon below and select open in new tab, trying to use Google Photos and not displaying here but does if in new tab / window)

faAXcLQxu7xFy7dO2

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
well my wallet is £569.14 lighter after having my cambelt done today, so that dreaded noise that you get when you have a cambelt changed has gone, now ive got to sort out :eek:il leaks from cam cover gasket, turbo oil return pipe and sump bung, get another upper timing belt cover as its broken, there is a slight coolant leak from the oil cooler pipes, engine oil breather hose has collapsed, then theres 2 faults 16622 and 16497 to sort.

Ouch!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
the crank case had collapsed so had to replace it, the plastic one that connects to that broke up too, so I replaced it all, I'm thinking of getting a catch can at some point, I need to get another backbox as it has a vrs one on and I don't like the sound.

Snark

Jan 30, 2017
Hi All

Sorted the drivers door window regulator on my Mk1 Leon 20VT, not my favourite job ! There is a very useful step by step guide up on VW Vortex at http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1015107

Sad empty door frame, but now very clean inside with wide open drain holes, and plenty duct tape keeping the window in place while I sort out the new regulator.

IMAG2418_zpsm4iw2wiw.jpg

Offending bust piece of plastic that should be holding cables and the window clamp ...

IMAG2419_zpsxaleesjx.jpg

Nasty snarl made of the winding bobin when it all cut lose ...

IMAG2422_zps20npuprx.jpg

New regulator set installed and tested, butyle tape ready on the edge of the panel to get a good watertight seal.

IMAG2426_zpsun5bsj2a.jpg

All back together again now and the inner door trim installed, electric window running fine.

Cheers, Snark

Last edited:

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
regulators are not the best of jobs to do, I did mine a month ago, my drivers side keeps coming off its clips for some reason so will sort that out as and when as its only a 5 min job to take the door card off.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Not today, but in the last few days, Oil change and brake bleed + fitted rear brace, then took to Snetterton for a very Wet evening track session. Showed up a few Renault Clio's :)

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Dash gauge was showing the car overheating, live data showed that wasn't the case. New temp sensor sorted the issue.

Last edited:

NathyPhillips

Jun 4, 2017
United Kingdom
After having a pisser with the curb a month ago i finally got the parts i needed and fitted.
2 Used Front Bottom Arms with Powerflex Bush Upgrade (I Cleaned them up and painted)
2 New Ball Joins
2 New Track Rod Ends
All New Coilovers
4 Hours Fitting Them & A Nasty Cut To The Hand

Total Price......

Shed Loads!

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Bought a new 710P DV from TPS £40 in anticipation of stage 1 remap, took the old one out just to see that it was also 710P! Never mind, that DV must have done going on 50K miles so a new one can't all be bad.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Took my Cupra out for a weekend fishing, then cleaned it completely, lastly sold it to my step son for £100 as an early Christmas present. Had to sell it couldn't just give it away completely. Gutted and happy all in one. Been with me for nearly 9 years. Been through thick and thin together.
At least it's in the family and I get to see it too.
Now I can get on with finishing my LCR.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
2017 audi a3 2.0 tfsi fastback in white just got a swift lesson from the ko3.
I even let him get the jump hahaha.
Much fun had but time for bed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough

Sent using The Force
I read in parkers it's only 187bhp stock, so wasn't really fair but he had them new indicators and the fact I was doing a sensible 70mph and he came up my ass at speed and pulled out at the last few feet.
There road tax is dirt cheap too!
Half what we pay

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I read in parkers it's only 187bhp stock, so wasn't really fair but he had them new indicators and the fact I was doing a sensible 70mph and he came up my ass at speed and pulled out at the last few feet.
There road tax is dirt cheap too!
Half what we pay

Would have thought it was more!
Surprising

Sent using The Force

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Took my Cupra out for a weekend fishing, then cleaned it completely, lastly sold it to my step son for £100 as an early Christmas present. Had to sell it couldn't just give it away completely. Gutted and happy all in one. Been with me for nearly 9 years. Been through thick and thin together.
At least it's in the family and I get to see it too.
Now I can get on with finishing my LCR.

Glad to hear he can taxi you in style! Grats on passing test too. I had a D (dangerous) in first 5 mins on my test.. thought fk it, turned up stereo, put my arm on his head rest for reverse, did a wheelspin start. Had a very colourful report afterwards! ;)
Pleased your Cupra is staying with you :D