Newbie saying hi!!

GazMorgie

Jul 24, 2017
North Wales (god's country)
Good evening people, thought I'd say a quick hello. I'm Gareth and I own a Leon FR 170 on a 08 plate. I've owned it for around 3-4 years now and so far she's been a good car.
I have three fault codes present though. They are
01137 central locking switches fault
9299 unknown fault code
My mate with a code reader found these, he deleted them but they've come back on after an hour or so. I've googled the 01137 code and it comes up as a dpf fault, even though the description on the fault reader is central locking?? It does sometimes run rough but never gone into limp mode or anything, in fact it goes very well. I do want to sell this car to get something a little newer but I'll have to sort these faults out first. I have read the thread about the central locking modules, so that's the way to go with that, but would they throw the orange engine light on? Many thanks everyone and hope to speak to some of you soon

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I dont think the central locking module would bring the engine light on though. My advice would be to have it scanned on VCDS so you can be sure of the codes and faults.

Where are you based?

Does the car regen a lot?

GazMorgie

Jul 24, 2017
North Wales (god's country)
Thanks for the replies I'm not sure if it regens a lot tbh, my friends been driving it for a few weeks now and she says it's been running fine apart from like a rattle or misfire sometimes on idle at traffic lights etc. And the exhaust smoke does smell a lot. Is the sensor an easy fitment? Obviously I have to have a scanner to get the light off but would that be all? Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.