Exeo v A4 sound system

spideymack

Oct 24, 2008
Central Scotland
Hi looking to see if anyone on here knows about non-bose Exeo speakers.

The brochure says 8 speaker system which I assume is 2 in each front door and 2 in each rear. I know there is no sub in the boot but does that mean there is no centre dash as well? I think the B7 A4 has 10 speakers which must include dash and sub.

So the amp in the boot (estate) is exactly the same as the A4. I reckon I can get a sub tupperware enclosure from an old A4 and wire it in to the amp and it should work? Anyone tried this?

Also does anyone know if there is a speaker in the centre dash or if not is the wiring there?

RichB

Jul 7, 2017
Weston, Stafford
Would also be interested in any replies to this. My car is non-Bose With a pioneer head unit and it has decent bass which sounds like it's coming from the centre dash speaker. But it doesn't have a sub in the boot.

Grizz

Sep 2, 2016
North London
Hi looking to see if anyone on here knows about non-bose Exeo speakers.

The brochure says 8 speaker system which I assume is 2 in each front door and 2 in each rear. I know there is no sub in the boot but does that mean there is no centre dash as well? I think the B7 A4 has 10 speakers which must include dash and sub.

So the amp in the boot (estate) is exactly the same as the A4. I reckon I can get a sub tupperware enclosure from an old A4 and wire it in to the amp and it should work? Anyone tried this?

Also does anyone know if there is a speaker in the centre dash or if not is the wiring there?

Does the brochure show locations of the 10 speakers?

I keep thinking about changing them all to the Bose system, but have no idea where the sub
would go in the boot or even if the wiring is there - plug & play

RichL

Oct 21, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
Based on my previous experience with VAG sound systems (53 plate Leon, 03 plate Golf IV) the stock speakers aren't bad but the standard HUs are a bit crap.
I replaced the HU on my Leon and Golf using a cheap £150 Pioneer and heard a huge increase in sound quality.

I've yet to replace the HU in the Exeo.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.