Decisions!

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Not sure about that one mate, surely the car has been paid for prior delivery and any part x price would not come into it and price would be agreed on ordering no matter what delivery date wanted.

As stated the car arrived early and not expected so I would imagine any part x price would be based on a September delivery.

And like i stated if a car had the same mileage , service history and condition but one was on a 17 plate and the other was on a 67 plate there would be a £500 difference in price.

Of course if the 67 plate was in poor condition and no service history and looked like a sack of shite it would be worth less than a immaculate 17 plate .

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Not sure about that one mate, surely the car has been paid for prior delivery and any part x price would not come into it and price would be agreed on ordering no matter what delivery date wanted.

As stated the car arrived early and not expected so I would imagine any part x price would be based on a September delivery.

And like i stated if a car had the same mileage , service history and condition but one was on a 17 plate and the other was on a 67 plate there would be a £500 difference in price.

Of course if the 67 plate was in poor condition and no service history and looked like a sack of shite it would be worth less than a immaculate 17 plate .

My experience of changing cars over the years is that the dealer gives you a ball park figure of what they expect your car will be worth when you come to trade it in but nothing fixed. They then give you the book value at the time. We've just sold my wife's car 5 weeks before her new car can be delivered because the predicted depreciation was nearly a grand if we'd waited and traded it in.
So I guess it's wise to check that out Larry. And as has already been said, it depends how long you keep your cars before changing them as the longer you do that, the less effect the reg has on it in my experience.
If it's the nice warm fuzzy feeling of driving a new reg car you're after as well as buying your first new car, wait it out mate. If the reg isn't important and future value is something you're happy to gamble on a little, get behind the wheel of that beauty- you're going to absolutely love it whenever you do that. And don't forget to post some pics minus the transport truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peter W

Aug 8, 2014
Larne, County Antrim
Here in Northern Ireland it doesn't matter about the reg. A 2017 car is a 2017 car. Condition and mileage is what matters. Just picked up my new FR in mystery blue last Thursday and was able to ask for a nice reg. Dealers are issued with around 10 numbers, and replenished as they're used. Asked for a nice number in 2014 and got HR# 8600, asked for another nice number this time and got MR# 6600. (against SCN rules to publish registration numbers, I believe)....

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
If it was a 17 I wouldn't wait for the 67... if it was a 67 then I'd wait for the 18.

But as I lease I couldn't really care less.

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
If it was me I would have been reversing it off the truck myself!
Would be nice to have a new plate on a new car but I wouldn't be able to wait. I am always nervous driving to the dealer in my trade in just incase that's the day something happens like when trading my Astra for my Altea. The abs unit in the driver side front wheel went on the drive there. Thankfully they never drove the astra and I hoofed it out of there as fast as my Altea could indeed hoof.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.