What did you and your MK2 do today?

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Gunky intake causing the flaps to stick maybe?

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Garage has advised two faults

One being the inlet manifold actuator diaphragm being shot and the other is the throttle body (under/next to the EGR) has failed so a new unit is needed.

Cant complain though really as I've had the car 4 years and this is the first real issue.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Garage has advised two faults

One being the inlet manifold actuator diaphragm being shot and the other is the throttle body (under/next to the EGR) has failed so a new unit is needed.

Cant complain though really as I've had the car 4 years and this is the first real issue.

Following the above the cars now sorted and feels better than it has for a long time. Might be the placebo effect but happy nonetheless. My wallet isn't though haha

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Following the above the cars now sorted and feels better than it has for a long time. Might be the placebo effect but happy nonetheless. My wallet isn't though haha
I feel your main , mines in for cambelt and cam chain to be changed and theyre also changing my big end bearings and doing an engine flush. But at least i have no rattle noises...sounds like a hybrid now which is rare for a tfsi lol good to hear yours is fixed what was the issue in the end?

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I feel your main , mines in for cambelt and cam chain to be changed and theyre also changing my big end bearings and doing an engine flush. But at least i have no rattle noises...sounds like a hybrid now which is rare for a tfsi lol good to hear yours is fixed what was the issue in the end?

The throttle body had failed and this was causing the issue (in the other thread) with the sensor not being able to communicate with it. Had this replaced and I had the inlet manifold actuator sorted too.

vINyL3

Sep 13, 2013
i did the de-wipering yesterday
pcEgj5X.jpg

vcLOY6w.jpg

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Sold my twintake and fitted a revo as the twintakes dont flow well enough

Back to r tech soon for a map tweak
075beffe38c05b3611572513e0601b03.jpg

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back , revo intake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
Threw a set of scirocco interlagos on yesterday with adapters, gonna lower her 30mm this week and roll front arches as fitment at front is quite bold
21ea21b0c7a1a848f471a0dd4590c9dd.jpg
3edba8428da26a1a044d0ec4cdb4fe79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members