Lcr 225 cam position sensor issue

Stewarty

Oct 14, 2016
Hi all!im having an issue with my cam sensor,about 6 months ago got a code up for cam posistion sensor(p0340)was advised I needed a new sensor so I got it fitted,problem solved!now the code has came back and I've bin getting quite a bit of misfiring on high boost.i changed the plugs and they were black,the new ones have helped but still getting the occasional misfire(high boost)as the car is mapped could this have had an effect on the new cam sensor as the code has came back with a warning light aswell,and is the cam posistion sensor bank 1 the one that's behind the plastic cam cover at the side of the block,the one that just has clips to release it??cheers in advance guys!this is doing my head in!!!oh and my fuel cosumtion has went up,getting rubbish mpg,even for a cupra.suspect it's running rich with this sensor issue.

Stewarty

Oct 14, 2016
Hi yeah it was a sensor from eurocarparts,it was the midrange priced one so maybe should've paid a bit more for the top end one,yeah I'm just going to bite the bullet and get another one as the car has been mapped since then and I did think about the timing being out but the belt and pump was done at 98000 and is now on 108000 so pretty sure I would've noticed by now if it was a tooth or so out.so yeah going to get a better quality sensor and check the wiring at same time.cheers

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
No worries mate. Like you say i wouldn't imagine the timing was out, much more likely that it's the sensor or the wiring. Good luck, i hope you get it sorted soon.

Stewarty

Oct 14, 2016
Yeah cheers Matty!im off work for a week tomorrow so will get stuck into it then,just got front wheel bearings done bottom arm bushes polybushed as the bushes were shot,new rocker gasket and brakes all round!!so hopefully once I get this sensor issue sorted I'll be able to enjoy my cupra againBloody love this car but she's quite high maintenance!lol

Stewarty

Oct 14, 2016
It's a p0340 code cam position sensor bank 1.will post exactly what it says after work, this bank 1 code?I'm confused is there another cam position sensor as in bank 2?cheers

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It's a p0340 code cam position sensor bank 1.will post exactly what it says after work, this bank 1 code?I'm confused is there another cam position sensor as in bank 2?cheers

No not on our engines. Bank 2 is for the likes of V6's V8's etc etc which have two seperate banks of cylinders.

Stewarty

Oct 14, 2016
Ah well that's cleared that up for me and makes total sense now I think about it !!spot on mateBeen having a look at cam sensors for a better quality option as the one I have was like £36 and I would expect it isn't the best and as the car is tuned(stage 1)I reckon I should get a better quality one.has anyone got any advice on brands?i see facet seems to be the more expensive brand???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.