Leon cupra mode

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
When i engage Cupra mode the door lights don't change to Red - i have them set to Blue so i did expect a change.

Maybe this feature isn't enabled on the 300 st

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
I can choose from a bunch of colours - maybe 8/9 other than white. The selection is in the vehicle settings.

I thought the choice would be overwritten when enabling Cupra mode though.
That's certainly the case in my 290 st - white for normal and sport, red for cupra.

I'm rather envious of your range of colours. Does anyone know if this is something that can be achieved with obdeleven? Really fancy a Blue to replace the white.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Suspension definitely stiffens. I tried switching modes when doing 20mph on cobbles and the difference was instant and very noticeable. Also notice less body roll when giving it beans in cupra mode.
Have also read about the boost being 2bar in cupra and 1.8 in all others. Will probably agree with this as while it is fast in comfort mode it is a beast in cupra mode. My 280 lives in comfort most of the time but I am always happy to engage nutter mode when needed.

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
My 280 lives in comfort most of the time but I am always happy to engage nutter mode when needed.

Amen to that, surprising just how comfortable it can be yet at the press of a button how manic. I would probably be tempted to use said nutter mode more often if the sound actuator was turned off. Ordering OBD11 tonight :funk:

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Amen to that, surprising just how comfortable it can be yet at the press of a button how manic. I would probably be tempted to use said nutter mode more often if the sound actuator was turned off. Ordering OBD11 tonight :funk:

Where are you ordering your ODB11 from? I think I'm going to have to grab one myself.

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
Where are you ordering your ODB11 from? I think I'm going to have to grab one myself.
I was just going to get it direct from the website unless there is somewhere else people recommend? Need to turn the auto start/stop off too, cuts in far too early (junctions and speed humps etc) and I forget sometimes to push the button when I get in.

Back on topic slightly, had a quick test this morning and definitely felt more boost in Cupra mode. In 3rd gear from 20-40ish in normal it gripped but in cupra it spun the wheels. Same stretch of road in the rain.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
When i engage Cupra mode the door lights don't change to Red - i have them set to Blue so i did expect a change.

Maybe this feature isn't enabled on the 300 st

Mine is set to Orange to match the car and stays orange no matter what mode I am in. I think the change to red is only 290 and earlier cars

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
Suspension definitely stiffens. I tried switching modes when doing 20mph on cobbles and the difference was instant and very noticeable. Also notice less body roll when giving it beans in cupra mode.
Have also read about the boost being 2bar in cupra and 1.8 in all others. Will probably agree with this as while it is fast in comfort mode it is a beast in cupra mode. My 280 lives in comfort most of the time but I am always happy to engage nutter mode when needed.

Don't want to change the light colour from Red but is there a way i can rename Cupra mode to nutter mode :p

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4722575

Mentions in this post that boost is 1.8bar in normal and 2.0bar in cupra mode...

My Cupra ST from 2018 runs at least 2.31 bar boost (haven't looked/seen it higher).

Can also confirm that the real engine/exhaust noise increases significantly when in Cupra Mode and I'm running a de-cat Milltek Sport exhaust.

I love the bangs it makes when the revs go down from high up after downshifting. :clap:

(it does NOT do this in Comfort-mode)

Hazkirby

Nov 16, 2018
A recent dyno, my Cupra:

Run 1: Comfort - 374hp
Run 2: Comfort- 371hp
Run 3 : Cupra - 361hp

Runs were close together so expect heat to be the main -2.7% difference on the third run.

Of course my car is mapped, but really Cupra mode just increases the noise, stiffens the steering and suspension and sharpens the diff.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Cupra mode just increases the noise, stiffens the steering and suspension and sharpens the diff.
I may be wrong but my impression is that it also changes the throttle map (i.e. gives a greater throttle opening earlier in the pedal travel). However, you would need part-throttle runs on a dyno to prove that.

Hazkirby

Nov 16, 2018
I may be wrong but my impression is that it also changes the throttle map (i.e. gives a greater throttle opening earlier in the pedal travel). However, you would need part-throttle runs on a dyno to prove that.

Sorry, you are completely right it does.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Cupra mode doesn't change any map, the only change in power is that it sharpens the throttle and accelerates more aggressively when you squeeze the accelerator pedal.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Does no one else use the individual setting? Keep the comfy settings as our roads are terrible but keep the engine in Cupra for the better throttle response.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.