what have you done to your car today ?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Glad to hear he can taxi you in style! Grats on passing test too. I had a D (dangerous) in first 5 mins on my test.. thought fk it, turned up stereo, put my arm on his head rest for reverse, did a wheelspin start. Had a very colourful report afterwards! ;)

Pleased your Cupra is staying with you :D

Buddy this bloody tappy tipsy tappa talk rubbish. It's driving me mad.
I sent you a private message to explain. Before I posted the above.
Wanted to let you know and not be an ars about it as you clearly were very interested.
Clearly it didn't send it through.
Sorry buddy. He surprised me when he said he wanted it tbh as it's costing him a kings random. But a 1.3 fiesta was only about 600 less to insure.
Otherwise it was all yours.
Sorry once again bud.
Ps. Nice work in your test. Like your style.

Sent using The Force

Last edited:

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
No worries mate. Sorry I didn't get your pm. My mob does funny things, so could be my end. I'm really pleased your boy can fledge his wings looking cool. I had a metro, & I'm not talking MG! :blink:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
No worries mate. Sorry I didn't get your pm. My mob does funny things, so could be my end. I'm really pleased your boy can fledge his wings looking cool. I had a metro, & I'm not talking MG! :blink:

See. I se t you a long winded pm a few hrs ago. Now not showing up as sent here either. Damon thing is crap at messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
So had a moment with the car and did this. Is roughly done as it did have a mile counter in there, reason why there is a hole in the right side.
When I stripped it out I've been wondering what to do with it...now need to find a place for the petrol cap switch, also didn't know the switches are the same as in just a switch. So you can use petrol switch for esp and vice versa
0e064ebcdbef1f37df981c7f6b28eb95.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Changed gearbox oil and added Wynns gearbox treatment as I have a slight whine at certain revs, also did an oil service and reseated turbo pipe and put screws through the connecting parts it to hold it in place.

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Gave it a wash and found a knackered 40A fuse. Great, now I need to find out why that blew and whether I need to splice in new resistors for the fans... and I haven't finished fixing the glow plug fault code problem (deoxit d5 on order) or replaced the coolant sensor yet (also on order).

One day I'll fix the leaks too. I'm beginning to hate this car - more stuff breaks on it quicker than I fix everything!
a5b9bec94cd25ffad6c550316037732c.jpg
5fed5ec6bf32b9b2214f76e45b0f06f6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Serviced, repaired front Lambda sensor wiring, pollen filter replaced, thermostat replaced, SAI removed and fitted new discs and pads all round. A busy day of it.

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Scanned codes to get to the bottom of sporadic limp mode.

Filled water bottle :D

Won a Pioneer DEH-2700ui CD/iPhone/USB player of eBay for £19! (sick of buying tape adapters!)

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Looking through some old receipts and seeing that AMD Technik charged me £170 for a thermostat change, £70 just to clean throttle body and £70 to replace front splitter (splitter supplied ).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Looking through some old receipts and seeing that AMD Technik charged me £170 for a thermostat change, £70 just to clean throttle body and £70 to replace front splitter (splitter supplied ).

Rare 70 quid to fit a splitter. It only pushes in. Takes about 3 minutes if you take your time.

Sent from me!

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Fitted new stereo!

...then realised I need a facia and adapter for the aerial. :cry:

Still, at least I can control and charge my iPhone while I drive :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.