MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
Looking good all of you - nice to see a range of colours on here too. Anyone ordered the Desire Red yet? Pretty smart in a review on YouTube...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniel_Edwards

Mar 25, 2017
Looking good all of you - nice to see a range of colours on here too. Anyone ordered the Desire Red yet? Pretty smart in a review on YouTube...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There was a Desire Red Cupra parked next to mine when I collected it from the dealers.
I'd considered it when I ordered but was glad I got the grey. Something about the red to my eyes doesn't suit the shape of the Leon.
I'll add that red has been my 'go to' colour for many years including my first ever Seat (97 Ibiza Gti), a Nissan 200sx and more recently a Golf Gtd.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

perkman1969

Feb 25, 2015
NE England
I e seen one desire red and I must admit it looked outstanding. The blue in the sun has an awesome flec in the paint.

Agree with you on these two colours in the sun - they're gorgeous. Pity we don't get more of the stuff in the UK but knowing how much we all love our cars on here, I'm sure they'll be sparkling every time the sun makes an appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
Have done 3 trips each 3.5 hours. Average around 33-34mpg with mostly steady motorway driving with a few 'sports mode making loads noises' driving moments.

Having read many different opinions of break-in's I went conservative and haven't been past half throttle (apart from one time).

Full tank at 125.9p getting me around 320 miles.

Mine is averaging a calculated 33mpg from new, which I think is great as I do use it properly.

Get it on a motorway though, 75mph on cruise averages 38mpg. Very impressive imo.

philmots

Jan 29, 2017
Leeds
I wonder if mine is down on MPG due to 4Drive? I average from new 28.6

It's hard to say 100% without knowing your driving profile, mine never really does town work, but likewise never motorway.. it's lives on B roads but then it gets used properly!

In comparison to other stuff I've owned with the same profile this Cupra is very very good on fuel.

The 4drive will 100% not help though, you're carrying substantially more weight and drag, my mates has a Golf R and his average is 27/28 and his driving is pretty much identical to mine. ~5mpg difference sounds about right to me.

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
I have 8k on my 4drive now. My average from new is 33mpg. I get approx 36-38mpg on my 25 mile commute at 55mph.

my two long journeys so far in the car have been on the A303 which is constantly up and down hills which wont help.

I have seens 36 in eco mode on b roads doing circa 60mph for a 40 mile journey.

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Could be the fact its DSG also mine is manual so not sure if that will make the difference. But over all really impressed with the performance and comfort when taking it steady.

First time I had her indoors in it though she threatened to catch the bus home only gave it a quick 10sec burst in cupra mode and she was screaming Lol

Bestseany

Jun 30, 2017
The other thing that bugs me is how you can see the paint inside the doors around the window. It makes it feel cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members