Seat Official Servicing with "inclusive" Roadside Assistance - a warning

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
i never ever trusted these free covers provided after having to stop on the A1 in a 7 month old FR that it turned out hadn't been p d i checked properly.

Rang Seat Assist they were actually the AA - they were crap!

Since that time I've always kept a personal breakdown cover going for any car I'm in as a driver or passenger to avoid this happening to me

I'd be doing my nut with the dealer as thats slack on there part

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
When I had my wife's Mii serviced I was given a key tag by the dealer and received an email confirmation from SEAT within a fortnight. However when the Leon was serviced 2 months ago I got the tag but no email. You guys have got me worried so I just rang SEAT breakdown to check if the cover was active and was told I should have had an email but they confirmed the cover IS active on their system.

As with many things SEAT, definitely a lack of consistency in this!

Last edited:

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Did 2 services at listers and both time they registered the assistance with Seat and got email confirmation.

Did the last 2 services at Bristol Street Motors, had to chase them up to get it registered.

noonoo63

Mar 7, 2014
Scotland
Well just for the record, phoned up Seat customer services today and got onto assistance and they say I am NOT registered on their system and to phone dealer, which I did. Dealer is now corresponding with Seat and I await their reply. As I am going on holiday next week and doing a fair bit of driving good job I checked and would say to everyone do likewise...... just in case.:cry:

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
On line service booking

Further episode in the online booking/breakdown cover saga (and I'm cutting a long story short here). The wife's Mii is due it's service/Mot next month but as we're away a fair bit before then I thought I'd get it booked in early.

So as usual rang the dealer first to check the work content etc, before booking online to get the breakdown extension as both SEAT and my dealer stipulate.

Did the online booking and got an email confirmation from SEAT but it seems something went wrong as when I rang the dealers just to be sure, they had no record of the booking (the dreaded words "new computer system" were mentioned). Anyway in the end it took me 5 calls and 3 emails to sort out a service appointment (and I'll probably ring again before I take it in just to be certain).

When we had a Ford you automatically got cover extended just by using the official dealer network, no online booking needed. I did ask SEAT customer service why they stipulate online booking and was told it was to increase the number of visits to the web site!

Last edited:

danlock92

Apr 15, 2016
Mine is on Long Life servicing and was due for it's first service (20k) last week. Tried to book online but wasn't able to with Long Life. Phoned the dealer and asked if this can still be added, was told that wasn't possible! Contacted Seat UK via Facebook and was told that I wasn't entitled to the promotion until the vehicle is two years old.

Does this mean I'm going to get fobbed off when this two year point hits, most likely!

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Both our cars (Leon and Mii) are on annual service due to low mileage so qualify for the breakdown extension. The way I read the SEAT website is that the offer only applies to the time/distance service regime, not the variable/long life. Perhaps someone on variable service could comment on their experience?

Last edited:

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
I'm on variable servicing but i'm still within 12 months of original purchase, so I have the roadside assistance. I'm swapping to 20k service intervals as it makes more sense for my driving.

I'm also privately covered by the RAC as it covers me, not the car. Very handy at times!

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
I bought mine used, so only the 12 months, but if I keep the car serviced at main dealer it continues (which I will).

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
On line service booking/breakdown cover extension

Further episode in the online booking/breakdown cover saga (and I'm cutting a long story short here). The wife's Mii is due it's service/Mot next month but as we're away a fair bit before then I thought I'd get it booked in early.

So as usual rang the dealer first to check the work content etc, before booking online to get the breakdown extension as both SEAT and my dealer stipulate.

Did the online booking and got an email confirmation from SEAT but it seems something went wrong as when I rang the dealers just to be sure, they had no record of the booking (the dreaded words "new computer system" were mentioned). Anyway in the end it took me 5 calls and 3 emails to sort out a service appointment (and I'll probably ring again before I take it in just to be certain).

When we had a Ford you automatically got cover extended just by using the official dealer network, no online booking needed. I did ask SEAT customer service why they stipulate online booking and was told it was to increase the number of visits to the web site!

Hopefully last chapter in this tale. Finally got the car serviced/MOTd at the end Sept after further problems with the booking "disappearing" off the system. After previous experience thought I'd check the breakdown had been extended and found it hadn't, the dealer hadn't ticked the right box. So 2 more calls to the dealer and another to SEAT breakdown this morning (making 10 phone calls and 9 emails in total) and Mrs S is finally covered!

Pops848

Mar 29, 2017
Hopefully last chapter in this tale. Finally got the car serviced/MOTd at the end Sept after further problems with the booking "disappearing" off the system. After previous experience thought I'd check the breakdown had been extended and found it hadn't, the dealer hadn't ticked the right box. So 2 more calls to the dealer and another to SEAT breakdown this morning (making 10 phone calls and 9 emails in total) and Mrs S is finally covered!

Sounds like a nightmare! Glad you got it sorted at last

My next service is FOC so I doubt it'll be covered for breakdown, but think I might keep my personal breakdown anyway. Gets myself, the car and all passengers to any destination in the UK. Costs £100 for a year but worth it in my mind as the worst case scenario is I could be at the other end of the country and still get towed home, whereas I think SEAT breakdown takes you to the nearest SEAT dealer. Don't quote me though!

Stagsfell

Feb 16, 2015
Sounds like a nightmare! Glad you got it sorted at last

Thanks. To be fair to the dealer, most of the problems seem to arise through SEAT requiring you to book via their website.Now the warranty has expired considering getting next service at local garage which is much more convenient (5 mins walk) and buying breakdown cover seperately.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.