ACC and DCC

zvartes

Jul 18, 2017
1. Does adaptive cruise control work from standstill or are they any (lower/upper) speed limits?

2. How effective is dynamic chassis control in Cupra? Is it a standard equipment in all Cupra models? Is it a must have feature?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
1 the only limiter I know if is the 155mph which is on some countries cupra models.

2 dynamic chassis control is brilliant for instances in comfort m9de even though your on 19 inch 35mm low profile tyres is almost feels like your driving on 65mm tyres 17 inch alloys. Alot more bouncy but no where near a bong standard Leon. Difference in throttle response the dampeners suspension and engine feed back in terms of noise through the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
1. Does adaptive cruise control work from standstill or are they any (lower/upper) speed limits?

2. How effective is dynamic chassis control in Cupra? Is it a standard equipment in all Cupra models? Is it a must have feature?

Not quite right.According to the manual, "the ACC function allows the driver to establish a cruise speed of between 30 and 210 km/h (18 and 150 mph), "

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
I was just on about the European safety limiter off 155mph on German cars. Mines was taken off after 6 week rolling out of the factory I wouldn't advise using cruise control at 180 though anyway

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Yeah I know. But the op was asking about limits for Acc:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
That is not correct - the ACC works from 0-160 km/t (0-100 m/h)..

zvartes

Jul 18, 2017
I would be quite annoying if the acc doesnt work below 30 so you cant use it in slow moving traffic.

Forgot to mention I am looking at cupra 280, is this standard on this model as well?

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
I dont have ACC but from the reviews I watched on youtube of it is it will keep you at the distance you select from the car in front. If it speeds up you speed up, if it slows down then you slow down. It will stop you if the car in front stops but it wont start you again. You start yourself but can then turn the system back on again once moving. I don't think there are any limits on speeds either fast or slow.
DCC is just brilliant and instantly changes the handling and engine.

zombiemorg

Jul 10, 2017
I would be quite annoying if the acc doesnt work below 30 so you cant use it in slow moving traffic.

Forgot to mention I am looking at cupra 280, is this standard on this model as well?

Cruise control is standard, but not adaptive cruise control. Look for a small square in the lower front grill as an indicator for adaptive cruise - this is the sensor

DCC and variable driving modes are standard.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Cruise control is standard, but not adaptive cruise control. Look for a small square in the lower front grill as an indicator for adaptive cruise - this is the sensor

DCC and variable driving modes are standard.

That is not correct - the ACC works from 0-160 km/t (0-100 m/h)..

As Zombiemorg says, ACC is not standard.

Top speed setting seems to have changed through model years:
http://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/manuals-offline.html

And some differences in operation between DSG and manual (including min speed??).

Surprised if you can set ACC to 0 :confused:
but with DSG can bring car to standstill.

Don't own mk3 but mk2 and passat I've driven (both DSGs) don't allow cruise below certain speed.

Last edited:

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
I have a 2016 Cupra and the acc system on all mk3's are the same.

You can choose any speed between 1 and 100 m/h and it will bring you to a complete stop - the only difference between the different models is that for 2017 going forward it will hold the brake for you once stopped. On pre facelift models it stops the car and then you have to hold the brake until the car in front starts moving again. You can then just release the brake and re activate the system without touching the throttle.

The sensor used for the acc system can "see" 300 meters forward hence the speed limit of 100 m/h. The limit is the same on most VAG cars with the exception being the all new vw coupe that uses another sensor and in connection with cameras will allow acc up to 210 km/h.

It is similar for other brands i.e. both Mercedes and BMW have limits at 200 km/h for the acc.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I have a 2016 Cupra and the acc system on all mk3's are the same.

You can choose any speed between 1 and 100 m/h and it will bring you to a complete stop - the only difference between the different models is that for 2017 going forward it will hold the brake for you once stopped. On pre facelift models it stops the car and then you have to hold the brake until the car in front starts moving again. You can then just release the brake and re activate the system without touching the throttle.

The sensor used for the acc system can "see" 300 meters forward hence the speed limit of 100 m/h. The limit is the same on most VAG cars with the exception being the all new vw coupe that uses another sensor and in connection with cameras will allow acc up to 210 km/h.

It is similar for other brands i.e. both Mercedes and BMW have limits at 200 km/h for the acc.

I copied and pasted the text out of the manual for the 2017 Leon. Maybe they changed the spec as older literature does refer to a lower top speed for ACC.;)

Perfect_g

Jul 24, 2016
I copied and pasted the text out of the manual for the 2017 Leon. Maybe they changed the spec as older literature does refer to a lower top speed for ACC.;)

You are right there is a difference between pre and facelifted models.

Just checked it with a few facelift owners - apparently the facelift got the same update as the new vw models - acc pre facelift models 0-160 km/h and facelifted models 0-210 km/h.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.