Compression test

wilfster

Mar 6, 2010
I'm planning to do a compression test on my LCR, just as a check on engine condition at high mileage. If I get any low or uneven readings I'll do a wet test but just got a couple of queries about how much oil to inject into the cylinder. Are LCR pistons dished or flat-topped? The engine is canted over, so is it likely that the oil would run to one side so not sealing round the rings and making the test pointless? I don't want to use more oil than needed, don't want to harm the cat on restarting. Does 15ml sound right?

Mike1989

Jul 30, 2017
Milton Keynes
Hi. I would suggest a teaspoon amount as that is what is recommended on the instructions in my compression tester kit. It shouldn't be too much and it will be pushed around the cylinder sealing where is required. I'm not sure if LCR pistons are dipped or not as I've never had the cylinder head removed from mine. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
That's an s3 piston. Test on warm engine and only use oil if readings are low. Thing should seal without so having to use oil on one cylinder rather than the other would point to a problem.
Not sure what the bam spec is but auq is minimum 140psi with 10% between them. 140 is going to need work pretty soon, 200psi is brand new built spec
9d9139708b92e331a17ba6795ffae697.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise