How old are we Cupra owners?

bega

Oct 13, 2016
I do like riding but I can't have a motorbike, I would definitely kill myself.

Though I was only with this idea, definitely I don't have brain for motorbike too. So I never didn't want to buy it,borrowed couple of times from brother and all was clear like water. No motorbike for me. Only scooter I was riding :)

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Post a pic when you get it.... the car, not the badge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not getting the 300 - at 18 I had no car at all as I couldn't afford to get one let alone tax, insure and put petrol in it! I had to wait until I’d finished Uni in 2004 before I could afford to drive. That Nissan Micra 1.0L was a great start car as you couldn’t speed in it – if you could have then you wouldn’t have been able to stop!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
How on earth can you get insured on one of these with no experience of running a 300bhp car? Insurance companies normally shy away from young drivers with very little experience.

I guess he's outside the usual demographic of what a 18 year old has and therefore the insurance probably isn't that much. My dad had a brand new m135i when I was 18 and I had a 1.2tsi Leon. It was cheaper for me to have my own policy on his m135i than it was for me on my 1.2tsi Leon. Figure that out!

Springrollz

Jul 22, 2016
London
I guess he's outside the usual demographic of what a 18 year old has and therefore the insurance probably isn't that much. My dad had a brand new m135i when I was 18 and I had a 1.2tsi Leon. It was cheaper for me to have my own policy on his m135i than it was for me on my 1.2tsi Leon. Figure that out!
He must be paying an arm and a leg for insurance though. When I was 18 I kept getting quotes of £4000 to insure a Honda jazz...

Deleted member 103408

Cupra 280 - Revo Stage 1 going to Stage 2 next year.

Best Cars:

Ford Cortina 1600GT - Engine bored to 1700 left the 3.0 Capri behind.
Morris Marina 1.8 Coupe - Yes its true had a Racing Stage 2 Head but nothing else did 130 on a straight but could not go round corners or stop :).
Rover 220 Turbo - Tyres lasted 8k (Soft Compound stuck to the road like glue)
Seat Cupra 280 - Has the best of all of the above and can be a family car when needed (not often)

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Cupra 280 - Revo Stage 1 going to Stage 2 next year.

Best Cars:

Ford Cortina 1600GT - Engine bored to 1700 left the 3.0 Capri behind.
Morris Marina 1.8 Coupe - Yes its true had a Racing Stage 2 Head but nothing else did 130 on a straight but could not go round corners or stop :).
Rover 220 Turbo - Tyres lasted 8k (Soft Compound stuck to the road like glue)
Seat Cupra 280 - Has the best of all of the above and can be a family car when needed (not often)
Nice progression of cars! I used to have a Rover 620ti many moons ago (can't remember the exact model number) A relative gave me it when my car was not worth repairing. I loved that engine, even though the rest of the car was falling to bits!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Thanks Peller,

My favorite of the Rover engines (or Buick actually) was the 3500 V8 we had in my old mans Rover P6.

Now there was a great car, On a good day you could get 19 MPG :) but it was very very smooth and had a great engine burble.....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.