2017 seat leon fr 150 suspension

Hawk99

Aug 27, 2017
Hi Everyone
I have a Ford Focus at moment but am looking to buy a Seat Leon fr 150 bhp (2017 model ) in 6 months time . I have read that the suspension is very firm and you can feel every bump in the road
is this true at the moment my Focus is the best ride i have had .
Is there much difference between the previous model and the new one how are people finding it.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
I didn't find that at all when I drove one before ordering. Found it a really nice ride

Worth noting though that comparing the two cars is like comparing chalk and cheese. Ones a family hatch back, the other is a sporty hatch with the fr standing for formula racing. It does have lower and stiffer suspension, bigger wheels etc

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

MrRilo

Jun 4, 2016
Buxton, Derbyshire
Had a Focus Zetec 115tdi for 3 years and now had Leon FR 150tsi for 12 months.

The ride on the FR is definitely firmer than the focus but to be expected as it is a sports suspension. You can feel the difference on poor surfaces(I am on 18 inch wheels and they say 17inch is slightly better) but it is not unbearable.

Depends on where you do most of your driving, A-Roads and Motorways there is no difference and obviously the sports suspension is great round a corner but so was the Focus.

For Me, everything else about the Leon is better and the extra kit In the FR more than makes up for this one disadvantage.

Guess it's about how high up your priority list is a good ride on bad road surfaces.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mpike1984

Aug 24, 2017
It is firm yes but as mentioned before it has sports suspension but again it's a really nice drive in all modes but if you are looking to buy a fr or cupra then you must be a petrol head so it wouldn't really matter I just wish the wife would of let me have the cupra 300 lol

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
I love mine, just the right balance imo. My last leon (se dynamic technology) was soft as **** and body roll in corners was horrendous. Fr is brilliant and on 18s it's not bad at all, I've definitely driven firmer in the past!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
My FR ST is on the (horrible) 17" wheels and the ride is fine, I don't really notice the difference between it and my wife's Focus. And you can't see your wheels from the drivers seat. And the 17"ers are easy to clean. And less likely to be damaged by pot holes (61k miles and not a mark on the rims). But they do look crap!
I drove an ST with 18" wheels and the only difference I noticed was the awful road noise.
So go for 17" wheels and get over the looks like I have (NOT!)

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.