Help Needed With Colour Choice - 5 Door Cupra 300

What Colour For My New Leon Cupra 300 5 Door ?

• Metallic mystery blue

Votes: 24 66.7%
  • Metallic nevada white

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
I thought i'd made my mind up over colour choice for my new 5 door Leon Cupra 300, mystery blue
BUT I keep going back to nevada white

My thoughts on the white are that it is way easier to keep looking nice & white hides minor swirls better than even silver IMHO

Thoughts / opinions all welcome

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Can't decide for you bro, but the only colour I'd take my cupra back for and change if ibwas able to is moonstone grey.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lee Ainscough

Jul 12, 2017
I thought i'd made my mind up over colour choice for my new 5 door Leon Cupra 300, mystery blue
BUT I keep going back to nevada white

My thoughts on the white are that it is way easier to keep looking nice & white hides minor swirls better than even silver IMHO

Thoughts / opinions all welcome
Everyone has an opinion but I've got a cupra 290 black in Alor blue. Love the colour, easy to clean and polish. Everywhere I go I get people saying how nice it looks and they always ask what colour it is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
I've got a nevada white fr-looks great,especially when the sun shines on it and you can see the metal flakes-only downside is a bit of bad weather and it's rotten again!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
If it was me and the choice was between Nevada White and Mustery Blue, I'd consider the following in helping me make the decision;

• Which colour of the two would be the easier to maintain and keep looking good?
  • Which colour would show swirls most (likely to happen eventually, even with very careful washing techniques).
  • Which would be the easier of the two colours to touch in the inevitable stone chips when they happen so they don't show?
  • If I was unfortunate enough to need bodywork repairs, which of the two would be easier to get a perfect colour match with the factory paint?

Based on the above, I'd probably settle for White. Mystery Blue does look good though, but would take more effort to keep it looking factory fresh.

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
If it was me and the choice was between Nevada White and Mustery Blue, I'd consider the following in helping me make the decision;

• Which colour of the two would be the easier to maintain and keep looking good?
  • Which colour would show swirls most (likely to happen eventually, even with very careful washing techniques).
  • Which would be the easier of the two colours to touch in the inevitable stone chips when they happen so they don't show?
  • If I was unfortunate enough to need bodywork repairs, which of the two would be easier to get a perfect colour match with the factory paint?

Based on the above, I'd probably settle for White. Mystery Blue does look good though, but would take more effort to keep it looking factory fresh.

Good points.
My last few cars have been non metallic, due to problems re resprays and stone chips repairs.
Final straw was when I had to have passenger side of Nissan primrea gt resprayed green/ purple metallic.
Bad match of colour, patchy . had it resprayed twice.

Scoobyscoop

Jan 17, 2017
Middlesbrough
I would imagine that Nissan purple/green flip flop metallic would be virtually impossible to match ...probably would have to get the whole car resprayed Same as a lot of these expensive BMW Matt/ satin paints:(

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Mystery blue for me. Each has there negatives and positives. Darker colours show more swirls and dust whereas lighter colours show more actual dirt. Assuming it staying clean my opinion would be that the blue would look nicer and pop more than the white. I had a white se dynamic technology and chopped it in for a midnight black fr. Best decision I made I think. White is so popular now they're everywhere. The blue will turn more heads plus I yhink the leon suits the darker colours better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

galactimon

Aug 26, 2017
I'm in exactly the same boat, recently ordered a 5 door Cupra 300 manual in Mystery Blue and colour choice was the hardest decision... Happy with my choice (for now!)

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Thanks for all the comments everyone

Some very valid & interesting points have been mentioned as to colour choice

I used to be indecisive but I'm not sure now ! :D

Oh & BTW its thanks to Syphon's thread I'm having this dilemma :cry:

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
I haven't changed from mystery blue, yet, but there's still time lol

zpWOaPnh.jpg

The poll is showing a 60 / 40 split in favour of blue as of this morning

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.