Show me your Seat badge!

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Thanks alot for going to the effort. :think: I'm still not sure. Could be very cheeky and as if you could do it again but leave the red between the S but remove it from the surround? Ive got a feeling it looks bad as there's to much red. What do you think? I was think black or yellow for the surround?
Thanks again it looks better in yellow than it dose now :(. I couldn't take the Mick out of your skills as I couldn't of done it:D

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
do a photoshop request?
I'll end up using hours without even getting an "ok" result. Some pro will do it much better than I ever could, in just a few minutes, Im sure of it.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
There you go.

yellowsurround.jpg

blacksurround.jpg

I'm still likning the black S on all yellow background though, but thats just me.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Just put it back on the car, don't look to closely lol!
dccd8c5c.jpg

I'm not convinced I like it and it needs touching up when the paint has hardened.
Still loving the front though!
916596a4.jpg

Agree with you on preferrin the front to the rear, looks nice on the front badge but as said not sure about the mix of yellow and red :shrug:

Looks good thought, may have given me an idea :whistle:

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Not a leon but this is mine as it is just now.
298f1ded.jpg

I like this one alot! white/black themes are simple but so effective when done right.

To the above, I'd do similar to this, have a black 'S' and do the bits in between white and leave the surround black so you'd get a distinct look for the rear badge ;) but that's just me :whistle:

Last edited:

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
As above, like that idea doin the surround a different colour. Did you guys spray or hand paint those and what paint(s) did you use to do it?

I sprayed it.
When the wife was at work I put it through the dish washer. Lightly rubed it down. Sprayed two coats with a plastic primer. Then red and satin black enamel paint from halfords. The hardest part is the masking.
This is how it come a part
You can see where you have to drill the two melted pins away
29783220.jpg

1059cd63.jpg

df2b5b20.jpg

Last edited:

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
As above, like that idea doin the surround a different colour. Did you guys spray or hand paint those and what paint(s) did you use to do it?

I actually hand painted my surround with red enamel - enamel should hold up better to stone chips.

I sprayed my 'S' badge then. The hand painted surround came out a little lumpy though.

I've a step by step in my RR in sig.