Diesel???

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Evening everyone

Bit of a boring subject but what diesel do you use in your car i.e supermarket brands/BP regular/shell VPower and do you notice any difference.

Also additives i.e redex, millers etc any good?

Thanks in advance.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I like using BP Ultimate, you
Might notice an increase in mpg with premium diesel, for me though it's not about that, it's knowing every time I fill up my tank the engine is getting a bit of a clean especially if you give it a boot now and again to clear all the crap out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Shell vpower only. That's after killing a dpf with supermarket fuel.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Quite a lot, think your talking about £500 or more? It's not cheap anyway. Most folk if they go just gut it and get the DPF mapped out.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Oh as for the fuel, I'm Tesco too always have been, 105k just now been using it for the last 25k since I got the car, drama free.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Supermarket 2b more exact Morrison's/sainsburrys/Tesco used in all my cars as long as I can remember 15+yrs no probs
additives Hmm occasionaly throw some diesel treatment at it no particular brand just whatever local car spares/e bay have not noticed any difference with/without

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
As I work for one of the supermarkets and have a fuel card - supermarket. Done 25k over two years with no issues whatsoever

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.