Remapped ecu

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
Hi there I've recently acquired a ecu which I'm told it's got a stage 1 map but it has the immo still on I do have the clocks to go with it but I'm told it still won't work is there a place I can take it to get unlocked or is there any1 from my area on the forum who could help I'm from County Durham thanks for any help in advance

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
No sorry just ecu and clocks there's a number on the ecu written in pen forgive me if I sound stupid I'm not sure what I need to do with it just goin off what I've read

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
I bought the clocks,ecu,barrel,keys and big injectors when I did mine and was quoted over £500 to replace it as it will take all day, I did it in a few hours and it started first time round. No mate you dont sound stupid at all as we are all here to help and share our knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
No keys ,Can I still do the ecu swap with out the keys or is this thing just a paper weight lol

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
Will that mean I can just plug it in with my keys and it would start ? Im starting to wounder what mods he had on stage 1 I bought a forge tip from the guy but that's all he had left would my car not run right if he had other mods and I plug the ecu in

rogercupra

Sep 4, 2013
Stapleford Nottingham
Depends what injectors he had, I was told that the ECU I was buying had stage 2 and that I would need his injectors which was bosch 550cc so to save messing around I bought the whole lot, yes it would mean you could start the car with your key as the immo would be switched off, I don't think you will need the clocks though I might be wrong on that so don't take my word on that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
He had standard injectors in I think,the guy said he had the egr blanked of with a plate would that need to be mapped in or would that not make a difference thank for ya help sounds like I just need to get it de immo need to find sum1 to do it

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
1.8T doesn't have EGR.

I'd just get your ecu mapped. Unless you know differently, the map on the new one could be any old crap.

Last edited:

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
Im a numptie sometimes the guy mention he had a blank plate on think it was for the second air injection if that makes more sense then the egr ��I've made my self sound like a right idiot lol is there any1 and that can de immo the ecu local

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Im a numptie sometimes the guy mention he had a blank plate on think it was for the second air injection if that makes more sense then the egr ��I've made my self sound like a right idiot lol

No worries, it's an easy mistake to make buddy.

SAI being blanked or not won't affect the map, but like i said above is the map a decent one like revo or apr etc?

Some of these cheap maps that get flashed by some ebay trader can be total crap and could damage your engine if requesting crazy boost or poor fueling.

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
He never said who mapped the car I probably should of asked ,cheers for the advice Matty I'm still abit curious in the difference it makes tho I'm gunna have to try find someone who's good with vagcom and hopefully everything will be ok

CaptainProne

Aug 7, 2017
Bridport/Dorchester
There a services on ebay where you can send your ECU away, have the immo deleted, and then it will be plug and play with your car regardless with the old locks, keys, and clocks etc. I had to do this on my car recently.

ccclark

Jul 24, 2016
You don't have a link to the 1 you used also if I wanted to swap back would my old ecu just plug back in or would I have that to wipe as well thanks everyone for your help and advice much appreciated

CaptainProne

Aug 7, 2017
Bridport/Dorchester
I think it was this bloke I used. Plenty of services around though mate, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302426250243

I obviously never tried my faulty old ECU back in my car but as it's only the immo delete on the new ECU, and not any changes with the car I would assume you could plug that one back in as well and all would be fine.

Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.