Revo Stage 1 Opinions/Downsides?

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All

This train of thought was kicked off by the recent thread about power levels from a Stage 1 tune, so out of curiosity I thought I'd check out what a Revo Stage 1 entailed.

I must admit, there seem to be no real downsides from the blurb on the website, and seems quite cheap for a very marked performance upgrade. So I was wondering what peoples personal experiences were of having this done?

Obviously there is a nice jump in power. But what about fuel economy, normal driveabilty etc etc? This is my daily driver, and so gets driven boringly a lot with the occasional blast. Is it worth doing in these circumstances, or does it make it too focused?

I would welcome any feedback, positive or negative.

Cheers

tarche2

Aug 31, 2017
Hi All

This train of thought was kicked off by the recent thread about power levels from a Stage 1 tune, so out of curiosity I thought I'd check out what a Revo Stage 1 entailed.

I must admit, there seem to be no real downsides from the blurb on the website, and seems quite cheap for a very marked performance upgrade. So I was wondering what peoples personal experiences were of having this done?

Obviously there is a nice jump in power. But what about fuel economy, normal driveabilty etc etc? This is my daily driver, and so gets driven boringly a lot with the occasional blast. Is it worth doing in these circumstances, or does it make it too focused?

I would welcome any feedback, positive or negative.

Cheers

My understanding is it improves fuel economy as it fuels the engine correctly. However! I have no first hadn experience and early next year intend to go for a Revo Stage 1 myself.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Daily driveability isn't affected in my experience. Fuel economy, off boost is pretty much the same as standard .....So motorway driving and around town in traffic is unaffected.

Only downside is you will find yourself flooring it more often, and with more boost you obviously need more fuel as well so fuel economy on boost is reduced quite a bit.

Last edited:

Dean191

Dec 8, 2016
No real downside imho. My brother had an AGU A3 REVOd and it seemed to improve the fuel economy. My LCR came ready REVOd, it's not brilliant on the fuel but then it's not supposed to be . I will say make sure your hardware is up together on an older motor before you start shoving horsepower up it. Clutch, fuel injectors, turbo, they'll all be tested a bit more.. If they're working well it'll be fine and it'll proper fly.

Last edited:

Fellows

Jun 7, 2017
Cheers for the feedback chaps.

It seems there's not a lot of downsides really. In terms of the engine, it's only done 70k and seems to have been pampered most of its life, so hopefully it'll be ok.

hombre_paulo

Jan 12, 2013
Had mine revo'd at 110k, still pulling strong at 130k
Worth every penny for the remap, really livens the car up