Cupra R Induction kit vs panel filter

tarche2

Aug 31, 2017
Hi all,

Had a poke around and couldn't see if this has bee covered.

Is there a consensus on which is better for performance on a cupra r?

Been looking at the ram air induction kit but wondering if a panel filter is better.

Cheers T

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Panel filter for low down torque, cone for high end and DV noise. Cones also suffer more in hot weather.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Thanks Haze. Probably just bung a panel filter in it then. Thanks.

Prefer a cone for the engine bay look and the noise but as I said a panel filter gives a little
Bit more kick low down, but you don't get to hear the turbo .

tarche2

Aug 31, 2017
Prefer a cone for the engine bay look and the noise but as I said a panel filter gives a little
Bit more kick low down, but you don't get to hear the turbo .

Yeah the issue I have is I am a 33 year old father of 2 and should know better than to still be modifying cars!:happy:

It's probably less embarrising for everyone if I keep the car from making too much noise.

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah the issue I have is I am a 33 year old father of 2 and should know better than to still be modifying cars!:happy:

It's probably less embarrising for everyone if I keep the car from making too much noise.

33 going on 70 :p.

Not like you've got a corsa with a cherry bomb.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
38 with 3 kids. I put a cone back on yesterday, I got a turbo, I want to hear it. My cupra is stripped and mapped and the family don't like it result imo as they don't go in it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tarche2

Aug 31, 2017
38 with 3 kids. I put a cone back on yesterday, I got a turbo, I want to hear it. My cupra is stripped and mapped and the family don't like it result imo as they don't go in it

Haha quality

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

I've got ten years on you buddy, but I've never grown up.
My son loves the noises the car makes. He was telling me to get another loud exhaust when I had mine done. 8 years old and a proper petrol head. Result.

On topic. I have a JR cone filter with heat shield. The heat shield is the important part tbh. Add a cold air feed too,Even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tarche2

Aug 31, 2017
Alright alright I'll get a cone filter :D

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I've got ten years on you buddy, but I've never grown up.
My son loves the noises the car makes. He was telling me to get another loud exhaust when I had mine done. 8 years old and a proper petrol head. Result.

On topic. I have a JR cone filter with heat shield. The heat shield is the important part tbh. Add a cold air feed too,Even better.

I don't plan on growing up anytime soon mate. Na engines need cold feed the most, intercooler does the work for turbocharged engines.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Intake temp (at the air filter) is important on any engine, turbo or N/A.

Intercoolers do cool the air, but only by a certain percentage and only once the act of compressing it has already heated it massively.....The intercooler does't have time to cool it back down to anywhere near the ambient temp, so the colder the intake air the better.

If for example the air temp at the filter can be reduced to 20C instead of 30C, then that 10C difference carries all the way though the system, so the air entering the cylinders will be roughly 10C cooler as well.

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Alright alright I'll get a cone filter :D

Of course along with the filter, if you then add a Badger5 TIP it will add up to 19 more horses when mapped. Happy days!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.