Boost gauge fluttering....

ferriss1

Feb 8, 2016
leicestershire
Hi can any1 help? My boost gauge is bouncing around like mad under load......also spiking.....any advise please......running stage 2 revo....was ok until gave it a good foot full for about 10 miles now every now and then judders and fails to pull also lag is worse than b4. If dv valve any opinions on best way to go?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Could be loads of things really mate, have you scanned for fault codes with vcds?

If replacing dv then just go with a OEM one, they are fast acting and reliable to well over 300bhp

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
It could be something as simple as a loose or split boost pipe. Have you checked all the hoses? That would be the first step. Then use VCDS to scan for codes. What DV are you running atm?

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Forge 007. Iv also noticed on boost gauge as soon as i start the car its goes straight negative psi??

Yeah that's right mate, at idle and part throttle it should read negative (vacuum) Only on boost should it be in the positive range. Like i said, i would check boost pipes, scan for codes and then check that your dv has the right spring in for your stage 2 boost and that it isn't leaking. Either that or just swap it for a OEM one from tps or a main dealer. £35, they act fast and they don't need servicing like a forge 007

Last edited:

lukecarr68

Sep 3, 2017
Some need a very tiny brass fitting in the T piece to stop this not sure on actual name but I had this on a car, I fitted a normal T piece a boost gauge fluttered all over then got told about buying one with a brass insert and sorted mine out will try and find a link

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

lukecarr68

Sep 3, 2017
Some need this in the T piece to stop the boost gauge fluttering
4578b5bff7d8e58dd051338e1688774f.jpg

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.