Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I would suggest disconnect VCDS lead, restart computer, connect VCDS cable to OBD port turn on ignition, connect usb end to computer and wait a while , say 60 secs, then launch VCDS software and go to Options, and Test.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
I would suggest disconnect VCDS lead, restart computer, connect VCDS cable to OBD port turn on ignition, connect usb end to computer and wait a while , say 60 secs, then launch VCDS software and go to Options, and Test.

think its the wire doesn't work on a different laptop and tried on a complete different car and still the same
so going ask a mechanic to hook up to car and if it works then going to try a new wire haha

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
think its the wire doesn't work on a different laptop and tried on a complete different car and still the same
so going ask a mechanic to hook up to car and if it works then going to try a new wire haha

Is your VCDS cable a knock-off counterfeit eBay special? If it is and you've tried to update the VCDS software then your cable will have been bricked and is now only fit for the bin.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
First post so bare with,

Been trying to setup Carbon FIS on my May 2015 Leon FR but unfortunately couldn't find an adaptation channel named 'Displaydarstellung' or 'Display image'.
I'm currently using HEX + CAN with VCDS V17.1 so as we all know Adaptation channels are not numbered so down to manual searching.
Here is how to set Carbon FIS if you cant find the above channels.

1. Select 17-instruments
2. Enter pass code 31347
3. Adaptations
4. IDE13490 - Display deception
5. Then select one of the below versions.

Version 1 Standard Screen (Radius corner tabs)
VWraiY

Version 2 Carbon Screen (Radius corner tabs)
ULo3Gx

Version 3 Standard screen (Chamfered corner tabs)
VWrahf

Version 4 Carbon screen (Chamfered corner tabs)
VWragy

Enjoy
Sam

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Tried doing the one click mirror fold and rain closing windows again today but the option of access control 2 isn't on my vcds for some reason. Could this be different as it's facelift?

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Have you entered the security/unlock code?

Yeah I've followed the guide on here to the letter a couple of times but with no success. I will give it another go soon and see. I was just interested to see if anyone else with the facelift had successfully found it.

rickster665

Rickster665
Mar 8, 2017
Rotherham
I followed it but it dosnt tell u to do the security what is needed for the sweeping needles so possible some here

But i also had to track another thing down and activate it what the guid did not tell me

Google it thats how i got it done
Google translate the german or spanish fourums there really good for step by step guides

Last edited:

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Guys anyone tried coding traffic sign reading withouth front camera? Instead speed limits are reading from navi?and show in top right corner(instead of reccomended speed)

Poslano z mojega D5803 z uporabo Tapatalk

superdon

Jan 30, 2017
Got our 2017 Leon FR today and dragged out my old laptop which had an old version of VCDS Lite on it. Couldn't get it working and in the process I think I bricked my cable.

Is there a cheap new cable and copy of VCDS that will work with the 2017 Leon? Or shall I get myself an OBDEleven pro?

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
U need at least 15.7.x version for 2016,so u need to get some more up to date version :)

volkslove

Jul 19, 2017
Hi all,

I followed the instructions and setting to change some of the setting using VCDS. All the changes were accepted according to the software and I double checked the coding and adaptations after hitting do it, however the changes are not reflected in the vehicle itself. For example, I changed the comfort blinking to 5 blinks and the adaptation shows as such but the car still only blinks 3 times. Also to show the LED when the AC is on auto. VCDS shows it as being activated but the LEDs still do not show.

What could I hav done incorrectly and how do I get the car to "register" the changes?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:

BoyRacer

SUV time!
Aug 5, 2016
Hi all,

I followed the instructions and setting to change some of the setting using VCDS. All the changes were accepted according to the software and I double checked the coding and adaptations after hitting do it, however the changes are not reflected in the vehicle itself. For example, I changed the comfort blinking to 5 blinks and the adaptation shows as such but the car still only blinks 3 times. Also to show the LED when the AC is on auto. VCDS shows it as being activated but the LEDs still do not show.

What could I hav done incorrectly and how do I get the car to "register" the changes?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Try resetting the head unit as that's what was needed to get mine working. :thumbup:

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Is there any way to activate Sportfunction in FR models where you can see the G force (within the CAR menu).
I know that the offroad function needs NAV (that I don't have).

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
In fr model think performance monitor not possible. Only on cupra. Im in process coding offroad monitor.

Dgb87

Mar 4, 2017
Is there any way of been able to display the DPF soot loading anywhere within one of the cars screens, be it the diss on the dash cluster or the media centre?

who.am.i

Leon FR
Jan 23, 2016
EU
Think not! U can check dpf sooth via vcds. Tried force regeneration with vcds on friends a4 and didt worked.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise