Miles per tank

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I've been running V-Power on every fill up for the past 8 months probably. Noticed a difference of about 2-3mpg improvement... whether that's worth the cost difference... probably not but I've started so I'll finish! For me knowing that i'm putting the best stuff into my car out weighs the few extra quid it costs. I'm a marketeers dream! It's my car, no finance, so hopefully a way of keeping it in top working order.

Same experience here (but on 1.0EcoTSI). Get 2-3 mpg (on the trip computer) improvement. I usually only use if carrying a full car, and long trips. So if it's just me, perhaps I will see 4-5 mpg improvements.

Most of the time, I will use Esso/Shell 95 otherwise...with use Tesco Momentum 99 now and then.

When I did the calculations back then...it was same costs, cheaper RON 95, but fewer miles per tank, and expensive Shell VPower 99, and more miles.

Tesco Momentum 99 costs in between the two, but doesn't give me any noticible mpg gains over standard Shell/Esso 95 in my experience.

Last edited:

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Another good tank's worth...

4052aea87642ee53e9df4f9ea7590e55.jpg

Tyres at 38 PSI, only me in the car, nothing in boot and no air con with this tank..... With shell regular fuel...

I may try v-power when I full up.. See if that makes a difference that warrants the increase in price...

SheepST

Aug 7, 2017
im on my 4th tank of Tesco 99. i notice slightly power gain. mpg is improved by about 1-2. but most noticeably is the start-stop running much smoother. so i think it's worth it.

haven't tried shell v-power yet.

SimonFR150

Aug 11, 2017

Tyres at 38 PSI, only me in the car, nothing in boot and no air con with this tank..... With shell regular fuel...

I may try v-power when I full up.. See if that makes a difference that warrants the increase in price...

710 miles on one tank?!

silles

May 4, 2017

not bad, what car is that?
Once I manged 64.1mpg on my FR 1.4 ACT, over 215 miles

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
not bad, what car is that?
Once I manged 64.1mpg on my FR 1.4 ACT, over 215 miles
It's the 1.2 TSI DSG model. I never take notice of the mpg. I'm sure if I was to work it out using pen and paper it would come out less...
My goal is only ever to see the maximum miles out of a tank..My next tank will be using v-power to see if that makes any difference....

Last edited:

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
My best average MPG has been just under 52mpg - so 550miles+ is possible, though i did fill up before it was empty as I tend to fill up on the weekend rather than midweek.

My worst was on holiday, car full of stuff, large roof box and a cycle carrier on the towbar - 33mpg and 327 miles out of 45 litres.

Both trips, I was using tesco 99

The 1.4 TSI really does the fuel saving on two cylinders. So when the cars loaded up you're always running on 4 - the mpg drops off a cliff. Never had that with a 2.0 TDI!

Last edited: