Amazing what a little TLC Can do

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
So I treated the cupra to a wash clay bar and machine polish

I got to say she has come up beautiful considering it looked like she had been washed with a Brillo pad for the last 10 years

I need to get some new badges and maybe some parts such as the door handles need some new lacquer on.

I’ll have to take some more photos in the morning but here a quick snap once is finished.

0bb7bc9ff16d1993859116d56133d409.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Looking good mate. I'm always amazed how well mine comes up for a 15yr old motor.

I also have the same annoying door handle issues on mine too, that and a few small stone chips on the bonnet bugs the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Craigmk1

Sep 2, 2017
West mids
So I treated the cupra to a wash clay bar and machine polish

I got to say she has come up beautiful considering it looked like she had been washed with a Brillo pad for the last 10 years

I need to get some new badges and maybe some parts such as the door handles need some new lacquer on.

I’ll have to take some more photos in the morning but here a quick snap once is finished.

0bb7bc9ff16d1993859116d56133d409.jpg

Nice job u've done there m8 looks sweet took 10 years off her lol, keep that up may have a position 4 u at CRYSTALworkz Art of Detail once I get my unit sorted lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
I’m also getting lacquer peel on the strips where you’d attach a roof rack

Had a bloody night mare doing it though! Pressure washer packed in so had to wash it the old fashion way, no snow foam haha also had to dry the car 3 times cus it started to rain before I polished it

But when you see results like this it makes it all worth while! Cheers for appreciation as well lads!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I’m also getting lacquer peel on the strips where you’d attach a roof rack

Had a bloody night mare doing it though! Pressure washer packed in so had to wash it the old fashion way, no snow foam haha also had to dry the car 3 times cus it started to rain before I polished it

But when you see results like this it makes it all worth while! Cheers for appreciation as well lads!

Looking good there.
Remove the rear badges.
Change the side badges for new. Think they are 4 quid a piece from seat.
Changed mine. No comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I was gunna get the mk2 cupra badge and leave the r badge on the back and add an r badge to the front grill

Sounds good.
Had the cupra badge on the front of my Cupra. I liked that look.
Couple of dots of silicone taped over night.
I like a bare arse personally.
Think the R looks lonely and a bit floaty on the rear all on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

s.chow

Apr 21, 2016
Looks good that does, shows what looking after and taking care of things can achieve mate ! Stands out

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
hello, it was only a clay bar from ebay, there wasn't much contamination on the paint though
Autoglym super resin polish was used, this wasnt a pain correction however more of a beautification! :D

The ease of use of the super resin polish was great and also give great results.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise