Folding wing mirror problem

monkey_boy_123

Mar 29, 2013
Ok so I had battery disconnected for about 20 mins and started up turned button for the mirrors to fold out and........nothing! ! Help

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Try touching the battery cables together with a spanner, when they are off the battery. Then re-connect the battery, ignition on (no need to start it) and button to folded out, they should open up.

monkey_boy_123

Mar 29, 2013
Ok dude will try this how long for do I leave them connected together few seconds or minutes?

monkey_boy_123

Mar 29, 2013
Yes mate disconnect the battery and toutch the cables together for about 20 seconds then reconnect

H & H 2.3

Jun 20, 2004
Newcastle
Right, girlfriends mirrors are still not working, I've tried everything suggested and even bought a new switch in case it was that but still nothing. To clarify, mirrors do fold in, lenses adjusts but they just won't fold back out and its doing my head in

black_cupra

Dec 21, 2014
UK
Thank you LEE69 you were bang on. I removed the battery cables and touched them together. Got in turned the ignition. 10 seconds later. The mirrors unfolded. It is not advisable if you don't have the stereo code you will need to re enter it.

But when I drove the car I had lost my boost. No Power. So i turned everything off. Left the car for 10 minutes. And the car had the horses once again.

Thank you again

chrissgoduk

Jun 22, 2011
somerset
hi, any body ever experienced the mirror not knowing when to stop.
my passenger side has fits when I fold it out and it ends up touching the a post

black_cupra

Dec 21, 2014
UK
If it is only one mirror doing that. I would think that something may be missing from the unit which would stop it from over running.

Pop the heated mirror off and have a look. Be gentle when taking off the mirror.. too much force they can snap.

Last edited:

chrissgoduk

Jun 22, 2011
somerset
If it is only one mirror doing that. I would think that something may be missing from the unit which would stop it from over running.

Pop the heated mirror off and have a look. Be gentle when taking off the mirror.. too much force they can snap.

will do that cheers
will let you know what I find

Apr 10, 2021
so a really old thread but a common problem it seems :rolleyes:.
Instead of removing the battery and risking radio codes etc, could we not just remove the mirror fuse ?? anyone know which one it is ?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members