Which ARB?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi.
So the question is, Which anti roll bar would be best for my Cupra R?
I had looked at Whiteline in the past.
Any recommendations or ones to avoid?
Should I buy adjustable to find my favoured position?
Seems like it's mainly four bolts. What is the fitting process like and could it be done on the drive?
Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Cheers

Turn Up The Boost

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
It should be an easy job with just 4 bolts to worry about but you need to lower (not remove) the sub frame and remove the dog bone to get enough clearance.

Order up new subframe bolts.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It should be an easy job with just 4 bolts to worry about but you need to lower (not remove) the sub frame and remove the dog bone to get enough clearance.

Order up new subframe bolts.

Mmmm with my back problems I may have my mechanic buddy whack it on and buy him a drink.
I take it some of the subframe bolts can be a bugger to get off then?

Sent by magic!

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
I am looking at Eibach 25mm front and rear.

I think if you go for a larger diameter on the rear it introduces oversteer on a FWD car. Not sure how accurate this is.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I am looking at Eibach 25mm front and rear.

I think if you go for a larger diameter on the rear it introduces oversteer on a FWD car. Not sure how accurate this is.

I ended up with Eibach kit 23 mm front and 25mm rear.
Swapping out the front ARB makes a huge difference.
Car is more planted. Steering becomes heavier and more precise. Everything locked together. ( I did add an upper Strut Brace too. )
The rear ARB makes the rear follow the front more. Doesn't feel like you're pulling the arse round behind you. No great car breaking loose moments in the corners.
TBH you can get the ars out on most front wheel drives by jumping off the pedal mid corner.
All I'm getting is understeer putting down loads of horses exiting corners quickly. Easily dealt with and good fun but think I'm going LSD next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
I ended up with Eibach kit 23 mm front and 25mm rear.
Swapping out the front ARB makes a huge difference.
Car is more planted. Steering becomes heavier and more precise. Everything locked together. ( I did add an upper Strut Brace too. )
The rear ARB makes the rear follow the front more. Doesn't feel like you're pulling the arse round behind you. No great car breaking loose moments in the corners.
TBH you can get the ars out on most front wheel drives by jumping off the pedal mid corner.
All I'm getting is understeer putting down loads of horses exiting corners quickly. Easily dealt with and good fun but think I'm going LSD next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Did you purchase from DPM? How much did you pay mate?

:)

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Turn in is transformed so with the coilies and bushes it’ll be so precise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thats what I am after. Speed and acceleration I am happy with but when on track the car has terrible roll and even the vogtland springs were a bit naff.

Did you fit them yourself?

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Thats what I am after. Speed and acceleration I am happy with but when on track the car has terrible roll and even the vogtland springs were a bit naff.

Did you fit them yourself?

Sadly not. Front really needs a lift and I have disc damage in my back, so 5 mins in and I’m in real pain.
I had Vogtland springs on my Cupra.
Bright yellow. They were Firm.

Hedgehog Dodger

Aug 28, 2016
Sadly not. Front really needs a lift and I have disc damage in my back, so 5 mins in and I’m in real pain.
I had Vogtland springs on my Cupra.
Bright yellow. They were Firm.

Ahh mine are a burgandy colour. Didnt really drop the height but made it firmer.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.