Quick response needed please! Will TD 18" wheels fit over the Sub8 pack Brembos?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
As per the title, will 18" Pro Race 1.2 ET45 8" wide wheels fit over the calipers and discs successfully?

Appreciate quick responses!

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yes they will clear the calipers as lots of ttrs owners run 1.2s in 18x8 with 40-45 offset

They even came with 18" wheels from factory and use exact same brake setup

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/anyone-know-of-18-wheels-that-clear-the-front-calipers.229272/

Thanks buddy. Had a quick read through that and see the car in question had an ET42 offset. Any specific links to cars with ET45? Looks like it is the depth or the caliper that causes the issues and I’m just checking to make sure the ET45 wheels I have will work. Will trawl through that forum also in the mean time :)

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
ET45 will look like ET42 but sit 3mm closer to the caliper :lol:

I dont have any pics afraid , there are loads of guys on rs3oc who run 18" wheels with the same brake setup but you need to register to see any posts in the relevant section

Last edited:

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
another option for the golf is using TTRS calipers and Clubsport discs with adapters from Vagbremtechnic , will give you a lot more choice wheel wise.

I miss my R :(

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I ordered up some 2 piece direct replacement bells and rotors so will be saving quite a bit of weight from rolling mass over the standard heavy discs :)

Count Drunkula

Jul 12, 2017
good plan the std discs can warp easy as not asymmetrical so internal cooling vanes always face wrong direction on 1 side of car

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Yup. And the car feels more lively without the excess weight of rolling mass holding it back. Will whack a readers ride shortly.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.