No boost

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Need help!

I bought a cupra tdi as a standard car, it ran faultlessly till I have it remapped, few weeks after the map and it would randomly not boost, and then after a mile or so of driving it would start boosting again, it kept doing this but the length of time it was not boosting for got longer until it just refused to boost at all.

I put this down to the turbo going, so replaced it with a gtb2260, with supporting mods, I knew it wouldn't run very well until I had it remapped again, but it's still doing the same, turn the car on and it won't boost, if I knock the car off while at speed and then bump start it, it then boosts fine until I turn it back off, I think it's just a bad map but not 100% and was wondering if anyone know what else it could be? Don't want this turbo to go bang as the set up cost me a small fortune.

TIA

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Attempted too yesterday but the fault coder wouldn't read, and it was a proper one not a cheap eBay one

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
I'm sure it was although could be wrong, in taking is somewhere else tomorrow morning so will post up with what faults are found

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You should be able to post up the log file if it was VCDS.

If it was some handheld job you were using the wrong kit.

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Had it read this morning and it has come back as map sensor, I put a 4 bar map sensor on when I put the turbo on, do you think it could just need mapping or possibly just faulty?

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Yeah which is why I think that could be the problem, it goes in for a map on Wednesday, hopefully that will solve it! If not will try changing the map sensor

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Might wanna take a spare with you just incase.

You'll still have to pay for the mapping session, even if your car is ****ed and nothing gets done.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
It will depend on what the MAP Sensor error is?

If it says incorrect linearisation - that will be due to the mapping
Short to earth would be a broken connection.

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
I can't remember what the exact fault was, I think it was a boost fault though but the lad that put the previous map on put it down to me replacing the map sensor

Kendy90

Oct 31, 2011
Got my car back after being mapped, soon as the map sensor was written in to the map sorted the boost problem out straight away!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise