Door locks

cjp

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
So, my front door locks have gone. Passenger side locked closed and drivers is having electrical issues (no beeping if lights on and not turning alarm off).
Anyone have experience of new / old ebay ones or am i best getting two from Seat? Anyone know the cost?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
It's an uber common issue o these cars are if you Google it I'm pretty sure you'll find literally hundreds of threads about it.

New genuine ones are about £140 or so iirc.
eBay pattern ones go for about £17-£20 and generally work without problems.
Second hand ones are a gamble as they're likely to be a similar age to your own so may fail imminently anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hope you can have it unlock the passenger side. Otherwise it's a complete Pig to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
I’ve got an issue my rear passenger door doesn’t always unlock, if I tap the door pressing the fob I can get it to unlock, what is it I’m looking at replacing please?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It's the locking modules that screw up. Loads of threads on here as they are always going. My front passenger started playing up recently. You need to check as if it's not working with the central locking it can be the drivers locking module.
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
As Thai wrong horse said above originals like 140. eBay aftermarket which seem to last long enough are about 17 quid.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
So, my front door locks have gone. Passenger side locked closed and drivers is having electrical issues (no beeping if lights on and not turning alarm off).

Anyone have experience of new / old ebay ones or am i best getting two from Seat? Anyone know the cost?

Yours sounds like drivers locking module. Which has audible alarms for low fuel and lights left on etc and plays havok with alarm because alarm recognises the doors aren't all locked. End result is car not arming properly or alarm being activated. Had that on my last Cupra.
Again someone will corr ft me if that's not quite right.

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Sparkie is right..... Whatever door is struggling/failing to unlock, the module in that door needs changing.

Any Alarm issues and/or a lack of "lights on warning buzzer" means drivers door lock module needs changing.

Guide to changing them here.... http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...indow-regulator-clips-and-or-door-lock-module Our cars are identical to the golf once the outer door panel is off. The rear doors are pretty much the same as the front.

No need to take it to a garage, easy enough to do it yourself. Takes about 2 hours if it's your first time replacing one, about an hour once you know the procedure.

Last edited:

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
SO frustrating fitted eBay lock, it locks and unlocks but if u press button inside car it locks but then unlocks itself and it also now unlocks on first press of the button with drivers door and not like other doors on second press grrr

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.