Facelift leon FR Wheel Pics (17s & 18s)

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking at getting back into a MK3 Leon, sold my Cupra a couple of years ago and now looking at an FR 1.4 TSI. I am weighing up the pro's and cons of the options, mainly the wheel choice, as it has a bearing on ride and looks.

Does anyone have any decent pics of the facelifted Leon on 17's? Lots of pics online with the 18's but not so many on 17s, decent ones anyway.

Colour choices look a bit bland too now, but mystery blue is taking my fancy. Shame there is no Alor blue anymore, would have gone for that!

Cheers all...

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
I'll have a few pics of default 17s on a mystery blue 5dr for you in a week-ish /ten days or so hopefully :)

Meanwhile - best place to check em out is on the seat used car search thingy / autotrader.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
I'll have a few pics of default 17s on a mystery blue 5dr for you in a week-ish /ten days or so hopefully :)

Meanwhile - best place to check em out is on the seat used car search thingy / autotrader.

Oooh yes please, this is the spec I am thinking of going for - bet you can't wait :happy:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Here is one at Lookers in Mystery Blue:

http://www.lookers.co.uk/seat/used-cars/7826269-seat-leon-2.0-tdi-150-fr-technology-5dr/

Don't forget about 17" wheels and 1.4 ECOTSi engines adding approx 16 weeks to your order :cry:

8 weeks for 17" wheels and 8 weeks for the 1.4 ECOTSi engine, 18" wheels are not currently an issue...

Perfect thanks for the link :) The autotrader / dealer site thing completely didn't occur to me, obvious really too! Right I have some decent pics and will have to do some thinking, I actually quite like the 17s you know....

Can't believe wheels are still an issue for Seat though, I remember they had an issue when I ordered my Cupra in 2014 and the wheels delayed things back then.

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Perfect thanks for the link :) The autotrader / dealer site thing completely didn't occur to me, obvious really too! Right I have some decent pics and will have to do some thinking, I actually quite like the 17s you know....

Can't believe wheels are still an issue for Seat though, I remember they had an issue when I ordered my Cupra in 2014 and the wheels delayed things back then.

No probs! I like the standard 17" as well, had I had gone for an FR would of had them, although the 1.4 125 currently has an upgrade to 18" wheels FOC...

Yep it seems a common theme through the last 10 years, I remember the shortage of TDi engines, 18" FR wheels and so on :cry:

CAPS_LOCK_STUCK

Aug 11, 2017
Worcestershire
Currently according to SEAT 10 weeks for EcoTsi, 8 weeks for 17inch stock FR alloys, I think he also said 10 weeks for stock Cupra 19 inch, only know that because the dealer was telling me this morning how lucky I was with my specced car to get it in 13 weeks :)

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Currently according to SEAT 10 weeks for EcoTsi, 8 weeks for 17inch stock FR alloys, I think he also said 10 weeks for stock Cupra 19 inch, only know that because the dealer was telling me this morning how lucky I was with my specced car to get it in 13 weeks :)

Very luck it seems, I only ordered last Saturday and waiting for the dealer to update me with my build date...

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Here's mine with the 18s. I much prefer the overall design of the 18s and think they fill the arches a ehoke lot better, personal preference though. Ride is still comfortable too imo.

Mystery blue is a good choice, I've seen a couple more recently and it does look good in direct light.
6274134f233ec679f2c87ef25f2a7ed1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

villa chris

Jul 4, 2015
totally agree with r4ck5.the facelift 18s are mint imo.
i was really worried when i specced these on mine but they actually soak up the bumps really well.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
I did think about 18s, but stuck with the 17s. Once I've got my paws on my new car I'll advise what they are like up close and personal, so to speak. They'll nearly be coming straight off cos it's almost winter tyres time again :)

andy295

Leon FR EcoTSI 150
Feb 16, 2017
Some photos if my FR 150 with the standard 17" alloys.

I'd like to have upgraded to better-looking alloys but I'm leasing and I would have had to pay for the whole upgrade cost. It's just not worth it on a two year lease.

Edit: Looks like the photos haven't worked. Back to the drawing board :(

Another Edit: I've added them as a link, better than nothing I suppose. Photobucket have a lot to answer for.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8fkfh4voyT0KJi212
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hiofa7sQrOVluxEY2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mN1lwJDuFEbkI1sz1

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Facelift leon FR Wheel Pics (17s & 18s)

Thanks all for the pics, some really nice looking FRs there I've made a decision and got a mystery blue FR with 17s on order - just got to wait a large number of weeks now before it arrives! Be good to get back into a Leon again.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members