Leon mk3 (65) 184bp - discs and pads recommendation

mrbhav25

Aug 6, 2017
West Berkshire
Hey guys,

Is anyone able to recommend replacement discs and pads, for mk3 Leon (65).

I'm planning on changing these my self.

Also if seats parts are more expensive or relatively the same price as non seat..?

Thanks,
Bhavik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
I renewed all 4 discs and pads using new bolts ( as recommended by Seat ) on my 2015 FR184 and the cost for parts from Seat was £316 including the special tool needed to remove the rear caliper carrier bolts.

mrbhav25

Aug 6, 2017
West Berkshire
Sweet thanks for the advice and reply!

When you mean bolts, are these the nuts or the thread part?

Would you know what brand the pads and discs are? I'm wondering about buying oem, of the likes of Bosch, brembo, pagid etc

Thanks.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
By bolts I mean bolts, the one that hold the caliper carrier/brackets to the hub upright. Seat recommend these are changed when removed. The pads came with the bolt required to secure the caliper to its carrier/bracket.

Don't know the brand, didnt look as I was only interested in fitting genuine parts as the car is still in warranty etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mrbhav25

Aug 6, 2017
West Berkshire
Great thanks for the info!

Mmm, well specifically the brake discs and pads are classed as wear and tear parts. So wouldn't be covered by the warranty anyway.

Dt-spd

Sep 1, 2015
Rugby
Best to keep everything OE when car is in warranty imo, after all the parts the brake discs are fitted too are in the warranty and I've had wheel bearing problems already. Don't want to give any reason to reject any future claim.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mrbhav25

Aug 6, 2017
West Berkshire
Fair enough, I see your point.

But what if my brakes and pads needed changing in forced circumstances at third party garage, and the garage don't hold seat parts, they would know who the OE manufactures are.

That's a catch 22 there, but as they say it's wear and tear, then I'm sure if wouldn't matter, as its not covered in the first place. So it wouldn't effect the warranty otherwise they would mention it as a special condition, which is know where to be seen. And they wouldn't do that as it would put off potential customers.

Personally they would have a law suit on their heads if something happened, garage services men do the minimum anyway, and for them to inspect the brakes for some warranty work done that's none related would be very slim imo.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.