2017 led headlight issues

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
Hi all, I've gone from a MK3 se tech with led headlights which had no issues to the 2017 facelift fr with led headlights. I've notice I have two black lines in the light pattern that are at a 50/60 degree angle, the right headlight has this black line bending to the left and the left obe heads to the right. I think it might have something to do with the clear line/marking/styling on the headlight lens. Taken to an MOT test centre and they said my lights are set up correct but still can see the annoying 2 lines. Also searched on here and Google and it seems I must be the only one with this issue. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Any chance of a photo to show what you're seeing? Wonder if it's just due to the led placement, as the mk3.5 lamps are in a diagonal strip, whereas the mk3 has a sort of L shape to the led positions.

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
I will try and get a photo tonight. I'm thinking if I adjust the lights left to right alignment perhaps that will solve it but will have ago tonight and try and get a picture to although picture I took last night really wasn't that clear.

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
No I see about foot thick line either side that go into the distance like a triangle but never joins. Wished my headlights looked like that and not have these lines.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
When you start your car, and the lights are on, do they dip for 1-2 secs, then rise back up to normal levels?

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
I'm going to have another look at them tonight. The dealer I got it from which is miles away has said to take it to my local one not that I trust them after my last car.

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
How do I put pictures up? Have an image tonight seems I can move the line down to around 10 degrees but loose tons of light. Looks like this is going to have to be a seat stealership visit and look mad when I try to explain the issue.

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
And yes it's the etched shape on the new headlight that's causing it. As I made it thicker at one point with electrical tape down the line instead.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Hi all, I've gone from a MK3 se tech with led headlights which had no issues to the 2017 facelift fr with led headlights. I've notice I have two black lines in the light pattern that are at a 50/60 degree angle, the right headlight has this black line bending to the left and the left obe heads to the right. I think it might have something to do with the clear line/marking/styling on the headlight lens. Taken to an MOT test centre and they said my lights are set up correct but still can see the annoying 2 lines. Also searched on here and Google and it seems I must be the only one with this issue. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Below are a couple of pictures of the beam pattern from my Cupra 300, how does this compare to yours?

Mypifi

Oct 16, 2017
Think you might have the black line I can see quarter away in on the dock edge but yours sits at 90 degree angle

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.